grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

Just now, SchumacherFTW said:

She has visual style in her work, Marvel don't want that. 

Yeah, this is yet another dumb BOT take for one of the studios that literally help keep movie theaters open. If you can’t tell how much several of the best directors in Hollywood got to shine with their Marvel Studios films, that’s on you, not them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah, this is yet another dumb BOT take for one of the studios that literally help keep movie theaters open. If you can’t tell how much several of the best directors in Hollywood got to shine with their Marvel Studios films, that’s on you, not them.

When a Marvel director gets an Oscar nomination after working for them I'll class them as one of the best in Hollywood

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

When a Marvel director gets an Oscar nomination after working for them I'll class them as one of the best in Hollywood

One actually won an Oscar as best picture and best directing and it’s one of the most beautiful superhero films ever made. It’s called Eternals, directed by Chloé Zhao. It was just ahead of its time. Arguably one of the most underrated MCU films the more time goes by.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Headed to theatre contemplating hiding my face as good as I could so people won’t see me getting into a Barbie screening, went out telling how much I liked the film. Gerwig ,Robbie and Goslin are insane for pulling this off . 

Go out and be proud. Exhale that Ken energy.

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

One actually won an Oscar as best picture and best directing and it’s one of the most beautiful superhero films ever made. It’s called Eternals, directed by Chloé Zhao. It was just ahead of its time. Arguably one of the most underrated MCU films the more time goes by.

Not like Eternals was universally despised by the fanbase on release or anything 

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Not like Eternals was universally despised by the fanbase on release or anything 

Hyperbole and internet go in hand together. Eternals was released when the pandemic still very much was a thing. It still made to $400m and got a cult following since then. It’s underrated, yes. But it wasn’t despised in release. It was called boring, and looking back now I think it was just ahead of its time.

2 hours ago, Kon said:

I wouldn't really worry about Barbie. The truth is that the online reception of the film is so good and strong that there won't be so much "hate talk"about it.

On other hand, the Marvels discourse will be big.

Nah The Marvels will be a movie that came and went. No discourse to speak of (ragetube videos are such everyday thing they don't count as discourse and they didn't care to watch Ms Marvel flop even to shit on it) and no cultural relevance. Barbie it ain't. They realized that on time and ran the fuck away from July. 

• ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Nah The Marvels will be a movie that came and went. No discourse to speak of (ragetube videos are such everyday thing they don't count as discourse and they didn't care to watch Ms Marvel flop even to shit on it) and no cultural relevance. Barbie it ain't. They realized that on time and ran the fuck away from July. 

its disney movie with brie larson