MovieGuyKyle16

New Poster - TDKR

That's not the point though. The entire point of the series has been that Batman has become a larger-than-life figure in Gotham City and a force that will be remembered. The poster suggests all that is going to go away which is a total contradiction of one of the series' main themes.By that I mean the poster suggests that Bane mauling Batman will end the "legend" and that is just wrong. It's a cool marketing ploy that undermines the series' own structure.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

That's not the point though. The entire point of the series has been that Batman has become a larger-than-life figure in Gotham City and a force that will be remembered. The poster suggests all that is going to go away which is a total contradiction of one of the series' main themes.By that I mean the poster suggests that Bane mauling Batman will end the "legend" and that is just wrong. It's a cool marketing ploy that undermines the series' own structure.

Makes you wonder if WB just slapped that on there without even asking Nolan if it was OK. They used a similar marketing strategy ("it all ends!") for DH2 and it was validated by the insane opening and total gross of that film. That success will only make them push the "end" theme for TDKR even if it contradicts one of the ideas Nolan has been pushing heavily in these Batman movies. It's not just about Bruce's story, it's about Bruce's attempt to inspire other people to stand up for what's right. That inspiration should never end.

Makes you wonder if WB just slapped that on there without even asking Nolan if it was OK. They used a similar marketing strategy ("it all ends!") for DH2 and it was validated by the insane opening and total gross of that film. That success will only make them push the "end" theme for TDKR even if it contradicts one of the ideas Nolan has been pushing heavily in these Batman movies. It's not just about Bruce's story, it's about Bruce's attempt to inspire other people to stand up for what's right. That inspiration should never end.

Unless Nolan ends the world. If the movie takes place in 2012 and we know there are winter scenes so it could put it in December and in December Mayans predicted the end of the world. From the teaser Gotham is crumbling it could be the end of the world. Therefore the legend will end if everybody dies. If everybody dies than no room for sequel or justice league film. Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

If everybody dies than no room for sequel or justice league film.

Well, it's already been said that the Nolan Batman movies would have no connection with any Justice League movie. Speculation is that the next one will be part of that world (along with Green Lantern and The Man of Steel) to build into a JL feature. Off topic, but I'm wondering if the next Batman movie will be similar to The Incredible Hulk where it's not a sequel but not really a reboot either. Edited by TheMovieman

I like the poster, while it can be debated, I just see the tagline as more of "This is the final chapter of this trilogy"............and yeah, I understand it could also be related to bane defeating batman once and for all, but the dark knight rises could refer to "events" after the suggested image on the poster