grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

There s an Oscar trivia saying it 's been a long time since the number one movie of the year, Catching Fire, didn't receive ANY Oscar nom, not even some technical ones.

Not really Spider-man 3 didn't get any nominations :)

ETA: Unless 6 years is a considered a long time. 

Edited by ban1o

I just find it funny that they keep nominating JLaw least last few years for roles that's not Katniss. I'll argue she did a way better job in CF as Katniss than she did in American Hustle, and she didn't need to show massive cleavage to do it. :P

If any of the recent blockbuster franchises had to the best chance for wins it was The Hungers Games. It even has the Oscar darling and winner, Jennifer Lawrence.

I don't expect a win, but I was think they could give the movies token nominations. The Academy seems so out of touch with the public. :wacko:

Jennifer was incredible in Catching Fire, but for a YA franchise to get AMPAS love, I think it would have to be much more than that...all the younger leads would have to give awards caliber performances and get the material for that opportunity, and most YA fantasy/adventure books being made into the next franchise just aren't written on that level. There are YA books that good, but it's more things like The Fault in our Stars, not the big-budget franchise stuff.

Wow that number looks Awesome for Captain America 2... I wonder if it could creep to 290-300M?

:D(Looks left and right and chews on Tele machos leg) LOL

Goodevening Tele and all my friends who are on.

Watching Total Divas over here.

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 3

Loved at Cannes, the London film festival, the London film critics, the Globes, the Baftas, the Australian Academy awards, the Cesars, the Oscars - and those are only the awards I actively followed. There were many others.As I said, you either fell in love with it or you didn't. And millions across the world did.

It's bottom of the barrel film making.

I could make The Artist.  My 1 year old niece could probably direct it.  Then again, she can't talk yet, but it wouldn't matter.  All she'd have to do is point, laugh, say a few goo-goo ga-ga and she'd be on par with the product they put out.

• Like 1

Hey Tele, do you watch hockey at all, like even during playoffs?  There's three Cali teams in the playoffs right now.  Two good series.

Hey Tele, do you watch hockey at all, like even during playoffs?  There's three Cali teams in the playoffs right now.  Two good series.

Sorry, man, never followed the NHL at all. I guess if anything I'd root for the Sharks, since they're from the Bay Area. (I follow Wil Wheaton on Twitter and he's a HUGE Kings fan, though).

Sorry, man, never followed the NHL at all. I guess if anything I'd root for the Sharks, since they're from the Bay Area. (I follow Wil Wheaton on Twitter and he's a HUGE Kings fan, though).

Yep, I like his tweets about the Kings too.  

I'm not a basketball fan either but I follow the Raptors in the playoffs.

I just watched The Raid 2 a second time. While I expected the action to be entertaining (it was), I was surprised that the buildup didn't bore me, even if it's still a bit excessive. Evans certainly made an iffy script work very well (even if it was his own script.)

• Like 2