CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

More from Variety.

"On Neighbors first Tuesday, it has gone up 25% for a gross of 3.5 million.  Five day total is now at 43.5 million."

How the hell can they know what ASM has made on Saturday?  :rofl:

• Like 3

Variety have pulled of a Nikki by giving us the complete estimates

33-36 + 33-34 + 23 => 89-93

Also,

So Brazil does exactly what we were told it would.  The international thread said that ASM2 was going to be huge in Brazil (and most of South America).

• Like 2

For realz though, where do we put the flop bar for ASM2 ?

200 ?

220 ?

And what is the official nickname, The Amazing Flopman 2 sounds too mundane.

Any ideas ?

I love the fact that when TASM came out and the Spidey friends who were expecting 300+ had to settle to the decline of the franchise all said that it's a decent number for the reboot and the sequel will bring Spidey back where it belongs - the reality now that 250m is a pipe dream and TASM2 will finish under Winter Soldier and X-Men. I don't know what flop is if TASM2 is not one. 

I can name 47 films but I won't.

Posted Image

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Transcendence? You've heard of Transcendence, right?

That is a bomb as well for sure, an expected one as well, but TASM2 will come way short of its budget as well. If it does 240m, yes that is underperformance, but a healthy total. 220-225m isn't. 

I'm on my way to see TASM 2.Thank god the RPX next to me has a 2D version.

Yep, RPX has been a great thing around here. We have a LieMAX screen and all it ever shows is 3D stuff. But I think Regal has figured out there is demand for large format 2D. With Cap 2, they had the RPX screen splitting shows between 2D and 3D. This time with ASM2, all RPX shows are 2D.

Who started that thread now? I missed it.Why can't they just constantly pester Shawn about it through Pm like the rest of us.

I didn't get to see who started it.  :(

• Like 1

Yep, RPX has been a great thing around here. We have a LieMAX screen and all it ever shows is 3D stuff. But I think Regal has figured out there is demand for large format 2D. With Cap 2, they had the RPX screen splitting shows between 2D and 3D. This time with ASM2, all RPX shows are 2D.

Oh, neat. It looks like one of the RPX theaters around here is doing 2 3D and 2 2D showings. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time there's an Atmos movie playing I want to check out.

• Like 1

I wonder who is making these stupid titles.

That's me for this one.  What's wrong with it?  

• Like 2