CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

2 mins left.About 45% full.This is horrible. Cap 2 was about 80% full.This has to be due to the premium price.

Did you watch Cap 2 in the same theater?

Makes me remember when Spidey 3 was jam-packed with people. Then you see an empty theater for ASM2... suck up the pride and give Spidey back to Marvel Studios. There's still time to put the web-slinger in Avengers 3  :ph34r:

This sucks.  I'm signing off now, and you watch, give it 5 minutes RTH will post an update.  

• Like 1

This sucks.  I'm signing off now, and you watch, give it 5 minutes RTH will post an update.  

Nah. He probably won't yet. It's still early on the west coast.

• Like 1

Nah. He probably won't yet. It's still early on the west coast.

He pm'ed me about 30 minutes ago and said he was going to look at the numbers again "soon".

He pm'ed me about 30 minutes ago and said he was going to look at the numbers again "soon".

Ah ok. But soon rth's time could be 2 hours from now, lol.

• Like 2

I thought even if the marketing was revealing too much, at least it showed all the money shots and stuff, and at least it could have a good OW?

Maybe little Spidey isn't what it used to be.

Soon doesn't mean the same thing to a god as it does to us mere mortals.

• Like 4

Does Fandango still report sellouts? I haven't seen any sellouts listed on the site at any Fandango theater since the site redesign 

Yeah they are faded out if you catch it before showtime. After the showtime they just blend in with the rest.

Soon doesn't mean the same thing to a god as it does to us mere mortals.

HAHAHA...post of the night.  :)

Makes me remember when Spidey 3 was jam-packed with people. Then you see an empty theater for ASM2... suck up the pride and give Spidey back to Marvel Studios. There's still time to put the web-slinger in Avengers 3  :ph34r:

Wow, if this ends up with no legs and underperforms, I wonder if Sony will pull the plug like other studios did with Blade and Daredevil.  Then if X-Men DOFP tanks, maybe Fox will pull the plug on that, too.  :D

Wow, if this ends up with no legs and underperforms, I wonder if Sony will pull the plug like other studios did with Blade and Daredevil.  Then if X-Men DOFP tanks, maybe Fox will pull the plug on that, too.  :D

DOFP is not gonna tank. :sadno:

• Like 1

Anybody old enough to remember seeing the first two Raimi films on opening day (and the palpable excitement that existed in the theater) must kinda know how lame this feels. These things used to be EVENTS.

Yeah, I remember seeing SM3 on opening night but it quite wasn't the same.

• Like 10

Yeah they are faded out if you catch it before showtime. After the showtime they just blend in with the rest.

That's disappointing considering I never get to see the sellouts till late at night 

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum