Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Oh, good one.

1. Zimmer & Howard/TDK Trilogy

2. Zimmer/MoS

3. Williams/Superman

4. Doyle/Thor

5. (tie) Silvestri/Avengers

6. (tie) Silvestri/CA1

The big problem I have with the TDK music is that while it's a great set of scores, and all the villain themes are great, Batman's own theme isn't super standout. (Despite that great "Dunuh! Dunuh!" bit.) But maybe I should listen to them a few more times.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

The big problem I have with the TDK music is that while it's a great set of scores, and all the villain themes are great, Batman's own theme isn't super standout. (Despite that great "Dunuh! Dunuh!" bit.) But maybe I should listen to them a few more times.

It helps that I'm a Zimmer fanboy. :lol:

But yeah, I do remember the Begins score taking a few listens on its own (without the movie) before I truly appreciated it.

Favorite Superhero Sequels (including prequels, but not including reboots like MOS):

1. The Dark Knight

2. The Dark Knight Rises

3. Spider-Man 2

4. X2: X-Men United

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Hail Nolan.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Superhero cartoon intros are great and all, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X43K__0f6gA

(Didn't feel like searching for the real credits.)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

Ouch... more than X3 and Origins?

Oh yes. I'd probably go a C with X3 and a D- for Origins. SM3 has got so much stupid, stupid nonsense in it I'm surprised people in general rank it more highly than the X-men films you mentioned. The venom goop falling from space and conveniently finds Peter, amnesia (were they making a soap opera?), the Uncle Ben retcon, Mary Jane getting fired the day after opening night, the love triangle (again I ask), and the butler. The Fucking butler. It's a cinematic abomination in my eyes.

And I'd rather not talk about the dick-joke laden MIB2.

• Like 1

It helps that I'm a Zimmer fanboy. :lol:

But yeah, I do remember the Begins score taking a few listens on its own (without the movie) before I truly appreciated it.

Oh, I'm a huge Zimmer fan. I've been digging his scores since The Lion King and Broken Arrow.

• Like 2