CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Help us Obi RTH Kenobi.  You're our only hope.  Give us an update....anything.....something to get us talking numbers again.

How come Batman Returns is not considered a classic is beyond me.

You people never mention it when superhero movie talk is happening and it saddens me.

It has the most beautiful galeria of fucked up characters ever put on screen.

• Like 3

Just got back from seeing it (my friends sorta dragged me to it). It was better than i expected but still not that good and completely unnecessary of course. I guessed $88m OW originally and even that is really in question now :P

Just got back from seeing it (my friends sorta dragged me to it). It was better than i expected but still not that good and completely unnecessary of course. I guessed $88m OW originally and even that is really in question now :P

Well, it would really have to suffer a very weak Saturday for it to miss 90 mill now.

I loved midnights myself. I hated not being able to go to them once I started at the theater. I still loved the atmosphere. Even though mega-openers like Potter and Twilight meant we wouldn't get to leave until 5-6:00am, that atmosphere is electric. However, those were the good ones. The eventually started doing midnights for EVERYTHING. The big ones are awesome fun, but when Nanny McPhee Returns and Lottery Ticket get midnight releases, you know something is wrong.

• Like 9

I loved midnights myself. I hated not being able to go to them once I started at the theater. I still loved the atmosphere. Even though mega-openers like Potter and Twilight meant we wouldn't get to leave until 5-6:00am, that atmosphere is electric.However, those were the good ones. The eventually started doing midnights for EVERYTHING. The big ones are awesome fun, but when Nanny McPhee Returns and Lottery Ticket get midnight releases, you know something is wrong.

Is your theater, or was your theater mandated to show a midnight showing?

El Capitan is still charging on MovieTickets.com now...right behind TOW.  Doing even better than it was at 2 p.m.

WTF is that?

Looks like ASM2 is doing exceptionally well in the new markets opening overseas. Early estimates seem to think it's foreign tally will pass $250 million after this weekend and that's before China has a chance to weigh in. Sounds like the numbers may be descent for this film for the moment. I think week two will mean EVERYTHING for this movie with regards to whether audiences embraced it. That's what we don't know. I've heard from allot different sources at work and just being out and about that they liked this movie. Even our waitress today at a restaurant said she saw it and really liked it. So the movie is being talked about almost like it's a big film opening. So I'm not getting any impression the general audience is in sync with the critics at this moment.

Edited by Eastwood47

I always liken these threads to us crawling to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness that we can't imagine or can't begin to imagine and when the numbers come out we are clean on other side

Edited by DAR
  • Like 3

I loved midnights myself. I hated not being able to go to them once I started at the theater. I still loved the atmosphere. Even though mega-openers like Potter and Twilight meant we wouldn't get to leave until 5-6:00am, that atmosphere is electric.However, those were the good ones. The eventually started doing midnights for EVERYTHING. The big ones are awesome fun, but when Nanny McPhee Returns and Lottery Ticket get midnight releases, you know something is wrong.

Damn, my theater was ridiculously packed for the midnight screening of Nanny McPhee Returns. There was even a group dressed in full costume.

• Like 1

I always liken these threads to us crawling to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness that we can't imagine or can't begin to imagine and when the numbers come out we are clean on other side

A bit ashamed of myself for this, but I actually didn't get to watch Shawshank until a few years ago. I just always put it aside when I had the chance, but I decided to watch it spontaneously on that day.

That scene gave me goosebumps for a long time. I love that movie, and I understand why lots of people do too.

• Like 2