CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

That's a good Saturday # and Sony will def have $95m+ Sun headlines to show it beating Cap2. The difference now with that Sat # is it might not be such a fudge job.

Wow.

Prom. 

One of the best nights of my life... but now I have information (rumor) that could make it one of the worst.

I need to find out if it's true or not

#BlankmentsConvolutedLoveLife

I'll explain this a bit more: there's a girl in the musical I have a thing for, and as far as I know, she's single. Tonight at the dance, my date ditched me an hour into it... and so did her's. We danced and it was fun and I thought I finally had a chance with someone who might actually have interest in me too; like I felt the chemistry in the air.

But the rumor I heard is that her prom date and her are talking, AKA starting to go out. Which I hope isn't true and I'm investigating. My mental/emotional health can't afford being really romantically interested in a taken girl for the second time in a row.

I'll explain this a bit more: there's a girl in the musical I have a thing for, and as far as I know, she's single. Tonight at the dance, my date ditched me an hour into it... and so did her's. We danced and it was fun and I thought I finally had a chance with someone who might actually have interest in me too; like I felt the chemistry in the air.But the rumor I heard is that her prom date and her are talking, AKA starting to go out. Which I hope isn't true and I'm investigating. My mental/emotional health can't afford being really romantically interested in a taken girl for the second time in a row.

Holy shit to be 18 again...fu<k you lolIf either of you are going away to college don't even bother anyway man.
  • Like 1

Holy shit to be 18 again...fu<k you lolIf either of you are going away to college don't even bother anyway man.

That's exactly why I'm gonna bother. :P If she's not in any relationship, I'm asking her out like next weekend. I have nothing to lose. If I ask her out, and she says yes, awesome. If she says no, I don't see her after the musical is done. If I don't ask her at all, I still won't see her after the musical is done. 

It's just that I wasn't expecting Prom to be great, and tonight was the first time I heard anything about her being in a relationship at all

I'll explain this a bit more: there's a girl in the musical I have a thing for, and as far as I know, she's single. Tonight at the dance, my date ditched me an hour into it... and so did her's. We danced and it was fun and I thought I finally had a chance with someone who might actually have interest in me too; like I felt the chemistry in the air.But the rumor I heard is that her prom date and her are talking, AKA starting to go out. Which I hope isn't true and I'm investigating. My mental/emotional health can't afford being really romantically interested in a taken girl for the second time in a row.

I'd take a taken girl who you may possibly have a chance with later than being head over heels for a girl who has no interest in relationships.But your mention of musicals reminded me of the festival we took our one act play to, it pissed me off that we lost to a rendition of Hamlet that won for the boldness of direction (although I personally hated their style, that was the one show I wasn't going to be okay with losing to) and a Jewish play which placed second because of it's subject matter.I'm over it now, I'm actually more angry right now at how badly that show butchered the story of hamlet and not only got away with it but praised for it. Maybe I didn't see what the judges saw, but being a Shakespeare enthusiast bad versions of it make me mad.

Embarrassing that a heavyweight, top-tier CB character loses out to a B-lister and newcomer like Cap. Granted Marvel has done a great job with the Cap franchise, but by the look of things Spidey could actually decrease from the last one, proving they were on the wrong track to begin with. Hopefully they'll get someone else to direct the next one, but I'm afraid the damage might already be done with this franchise.

• Like 5

I'd take a taken girl who you may possibly have a chance with later than being head over heels for a girl who has no interest in relationships.

Trust me, I have experiences with taken girls that I never want to have repeated. And the thing is, I know this girl is interested in relationships; I just don't know if she's interested in a relationship with me :P

But your mention of musicals reminded me of the festival we took our one act play to, it pissed me off that we lost to a rendition of Hamlet that won for the boldness of direction (although I personally hated their style, that was the one show I wasn't going to be okay with losing to) and a Jewish play which placed second because of it's subject matter.
I'm over it now, I'm actually more angry right now at how badly that show butchered the story of hamlet and not only got away with it but praised for it. Maybe I didn't see what the judges saw, but being a Shakespeare enthusiast bad versions of it make me mad.

Aw man, fuck Hamlet. Reading it now in school and it's easily the worst Shakespeare I've read yet

So around 93m OW for Spidey...not bad, not bad. With Iron Man 3 legs it would end with 218m. I'm expecting 230m or so. Not the disaster some were anticipating.

For a spiderman movie its BO results are a disaster .

Anyway i predict below 200 million .

• Like 1

So Thor, Man Of Steel, Spider Man and Captain America will all finish between $650-$750 million Worldwide. Maybe the CBM movies are regressing to the mean.

That's a pretty good mean to be at though.
  • Like 1

So Thor, Man Of Steel, Spider Man and Captain America will all finish between $650-$750 million Worldwide. Maybe the CBM movies are regressing to the mean.

Thor and esp. CA did great for their status in the comic book universe. MOS and TASM2 , however, given the popularity of the characters are failures. Anyway each marvel studios franchise is growing (at a rapid pace) so no problems there .The other studios however need to rethink their strategy .

Anyway all these movies, gives home video and merchandise sales , are safe bets .(you won't see a spider man movie flop like the lone ranger or Noah for example )

For a spiderman movie its BO results are a disaster .

Anyway i predict below 200 million .

I predicted below  200 too two week ago, but with that OW it can reach 220-230M and this not good for SM movie, spider-man is a bigger character than any other marvel heroes, he deserve more.

Edited by ClarkKent