CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya 1 min

#AmazingSpiderMan2 kicks off summer movie season at #1 w/ $92M wknd. 5 of last 7 summer kickoff films opened bigger.

Fast Five and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are the ones lower  :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

The ratings were great for the first few episodes. But they declined rapidly because the earlier episodes were awful, and the characters were boring. It stays boring until the 13th or 14th episode where the story finally picked up and now IMO it's getting very very good. They were obviously aiming for the story in CA2, but couldn't go there yet because they had to wait for the movie. Now the ratings are stable, but still can't reach the height in the beginning.

Agreed, the first few episodes were awful but I insisted watching it , out of curiosity and now it's really good like a continuation of CA2 , more like a spy thriller , plus they introduced deathlock and bill Paxton is there which is always a big plus in my book
  • Like 1

It was a misunderstanding B. You asked how TA2 would do but firedeep (or some other member) thought you was asking about TASM2. That's why they said likely $100M

Ok, sorry. 

• Like 1

As anyone who knows how the box office works during this time of the year

Saturday was going to help this movie a lot 

Saturday recently have been really good for lots of movies. Even fan frenzied movies like CF and Divergent saw big saturday boost. So its not a phenomenon unique to Marvel flicks. 

I was off 2M (see my signature). Still, I was stupid enough to go higher in the SOTM question.

My Hobbit/Hobbit 2 = TASM/TASM2 theory is working so far. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

It's not $14M+ OS weekend. The $8M formerly reported was around tuesday -  wednesday numbers.  It definitely didn't included the whole wednesday and thurdsay numbers.

Ah, I see. I was assuming that 428M number was up to Wed cause it was reported on Thursday.

I was off $5M in my prediction, not bad, but nothing to brag about. Just like this number :)

I don't think the opening weekend is bad, it's actually quite good.  But the legs are not going to be kind, not based on the reactions to it.  So it will finish with much much less than ASM.

• Like 1

Saturday recently have been really good for lots of movies. Even fan frenzied movies like CF and Divergent saw big saturday boost. So its not a phenomenon unique to Marvel flicks. 

About Saturday grosses...

Lol I think we will see an epic one in exactly one year from now.  B)  B)  B)  B)

Edited by Lordmandeep

I'm just describing situations I have been in, I have been able to end up dating girls that were in a relationship when I started trying to talk to them.It truly is a situational thing though for what sucks more for a particular person. I think what sucks for me is something clicked in me about her after talking to her for a while that hasn't happened with anybody else, she just doesn't any form of relationship with anyone. If she were any other girl it probsbly wouldn't bother me as much.But yeah, unless the girl you met is dating the guy, just straight up go for it, worst thing that happens is she says no, the world won't collapse or anything.

Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about asking her to a movie or something for the weekend after our show, regardless now. I just can't stop thinking about her at the moment...

The question is: what movie? :lol:

On Hamlet
Personally, Hamlet isn't my favorite of his plays but I still love it, I just didn't like the style they went for. They turned it into a present day business cooperation type setting, yet they tried to still add that 17th century feel to it and it just didn't mix in my opinion. If you are going to go for a more capitalist thriller type of show (which is what I got from their direction) you can't have everybody wielding swords and it make sense. My biggest problem with it though was the actors were very repetitive in their phrasing, they didn't sell me the story, their pronunciation and projection was very clean but they broke up to many of the phrases and it never seemed as though they fully understood how they were incorporating the story of hamlet into the setting that they chose.Whatever though, I shouldn't rant to long about it.

Oh, man. That sounds crappy. I was in a production of Much Ado set during WWII, and I thought it was pretty good, but corporate America sounds like an awful setting Shakespeare