CaptainJackSparrow

Weekend ASM2 thread: 92M

Shouldn't Nikki be knee deep into the booze by now and giving us a projected Friday number based on her "sources?"

• Like 8

I don't think TASM had bad WOM, it was just not great enough, to generate excitement and make the first trilogy forgotten.

I still think it's accepted as a good try, but just too close to the original, that may not have been the greatest movie, but was one of the first big superhero movies. If TASM was the first one, it would have been the same success as Raimis movie or at least close to it.

I don't think TASM had bad WOM, it was just not great enough, to generate excitement and make the first trilogy forgotten.

I still think it's accepted as a good try, but just too close to the original, that may not have been the greatest movie, but was one of the first big superhero movies. If TASM was the first one, it would have been the same success as Raimis movie or at least close to it.

But it wasn't the first one, it copied the first one.  There wasn't one original thought in that film, except for Peter being sarcastic as Spider-man.

• Like 3

I don't think TASM had bad WOM, it was just not great enough, to generate excitement and make the first trilogy forgotten. I still think it's accepted as a good try, but just too close to the original, that may not have been the greatest movie, but was one of the first big superhero movies. If TASM was the first one, it would have been the same success as Raimis movie or at least close to it.

No. This would be like the previous Godzilla movie that flopped and the raimi version the Godzilla movie that will be released in a few days .

But it wasn't the first one, it copied the first one.  There wasn't one original thought in that film, except for Peter being sarcastic as Spider-man.

i can't believe they even re-did Uncle Ben's death. You can't re- do that. LOL

• Like 4

If there's ever a reboot of the reboot, my hope is that the first film does away with the origin story in the opening credits a la Spider-Man 2 or The Incredible Hulk

• Like 3

No. This would be like the previous Godzilla movie that flopped and the raimi version the Godzilla movie that will be released in a few days .

Oh come on. The first Spider-Man may have been a story of right place at the right time, but looking at it from todays standards and even back than. It's really not the greatest movie of all time.

That Green Goblin in Power Rangers-Style would haven been killed by critics today and also, I never thought, that Maguire was a perfect spider man and he never quite connected with Kirsten Dunst.

Also, the dialogue and the story...

It's a nice movie I can watch from time to time (6,5/10) but it's far from being flawless. Of course that's just my point of view.

Edited by Poseidon

i can't believe they even re-did Uncle Ben's death. You can't re- do that. LOL

These new movies don't give a shit about uncle ben. He died over chocolate milk, and denis leary's death is the one Peter's all guilt up about, not uncle ben's.

Hell, he never did find the guy who shot him. I forgot how that was totally dropped. Maybe they're saving it and in the third one the shooter will get a job at oscorp and fall into a vat of sand...

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 11

Wow, that Riggins fellow is quite the apologists isn't he? 

He needs to be told that the silver lining is just not there on this one. 

I just hope that dude isn't a poster here.  :)

• Like 3

These new movies don't give a shit about uncle ben. He died over chocolate milk, and denis leary's death is the one Peter's all guilt up about, not uncle ben's.

Hell, he never did find the guy who shot him. I forgot how that was totally dropped. Maybe they're saving it and in the third one the shooter will get a job at oscorp and fall into a vat of sand...

Well that may explain why they re-killed him off, lol.

Yeah they totally dropped Peter looking for Uncle Ben's killer.