lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

18 minutes ago, trifle said:

Was Alpha beloved? I thought Alpha was annoying and just there to give the Power Rangers a stupid foil.  But I guess he has to be in the movie. 

Come on, he was cute and silly. Granted that' all I remember, but you know, nostalgia.

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Come on, he was cute and silly. Granted that' all I remember, but you know, nostalgia.

I'm hoping the film will be great.  He just wasn't my favorite character and the 'beloved' modifier drew a response from me.

I found him annoying, but I also found the character Dory annoying in Finding Nemo (and for somewhat the same reasons), and go figure, it looks like not everyone agrees with me.

Edited by trifle

11 minutes ago, trifle said:

I'm hoping the film will be great.  He just wasn't my favorite character and the 'beloved' modifier drew a response from me.

I found him annoying, but I also found the character Dory annoying in Finding Nemo (and for somewhat the same reasons), and go figure, it looks like not everyone agrees with me.

I don't actually remember anything about him only that I kinda liked him as a child and seriously, such is the power of nostalgia that it instantly makes me wanna watch him in this one. It's just how it is.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

I don't actually remember anything about him only that I kinda liked him as a child and seriously, such is the power of nostalgia that it instantly makes me wanna watch him in this one. It's just how it is.

I've already figured out that my irritation with the 'dumb but well meaning' character in a movie wasn't born into everyone else..... I agree something would be missing if he weren't in it.  We had that version (wasn't that Power Rangers In Space?) on videotape, so I saw them repeatedly at that time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Seriously bruh. The music was the best.

Ron Wasserman FTW. It was so cool to hear do the theme for SPD, again.

I'll be surprised, if he's working on the film though.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

Alpha was a silly robot sidekick voiced by Zim, who got a major arc doing the third season, and even was one reprogrammed to be evil. Given that this movie is heavily using Mighty Morphin characters and names, it makes sense, they'd use him.

On 9/23/2016 at 2:36 PM, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I'll be surprised, if he's working on the film though.

He's not, and Ron gave a very clear explanation as to why on Rangerboard 6 months ago, and it dates back all the way to production on the 1995 Fox movie.  If you take a look at the disc info for the 1995 movie soundtrack on Discogs, it says "Go Go Power Rangers" is written by Kussa Mahchi and Shuki Levy.  Shortly after Saban announced they had reacquired PR in May 2010, it was discovered on Rangerboard that the "Kussa Mahchi" credit is likely an anagram.

Edited by Outrageous!
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

He's not, and Ron gave a very clear explanation as to why on Rangerboard 6 months ago, and it dates back all the way to production on the 1995 Fox movie.  If you take a look at the disc info for the 1995 movie soundtrack on Discogs, it says "Go Go Power Rangers" is written by Kussa Mahchi and Shuki Levy.  Shortly after Saban announced they had reacquired PR in May 2010, it was discovered on Rangerboard that the "Kussa Mahchi" credit is likely an anagram.

Interesting, I always figured that Saban was run by shady people, based off a few things I've heard. The actual score for the Power Rangers movie by Graeme Revell isn't bad, although there's one bit where it blatantly rips off Jerry Goldsmith's Supergirl. The version of the MMPR theme that plays in the credit is kick-ass though.

However just to correct Wasserman, JW is not the only composer who dictates / traditionally scores his films. Most of the older composers still compose of their music traditionally.

• Like 1