lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We could also say it's from the writers of Flight, Coach Carter, and First Class.

We could also say it's from the producers of Fault in Our Stars, Maze Runner, I Robot, K-19: The Widowmaker, the original Power Rangers show, the Hunger Games movies, and Cinderella.

Of course, none of that would fit your narrative.

Well, does that change anything that I wrote?

It seems you're focused on hiding the negative and focusing on the positive, which is pretty much what marketing does. If anything, that proves the movie has a 50% chance of being bad. 

If for example a new Die Hard is being made, and I come and say that the same guy wrote Die Hard 1 and Street Fighter, you won't believe me, BUT it's true. The guy is hit or miss. There's no narrative, I'm trying to not get excited only to get disappointed. Fortunately the guy isn't writing Power Rangers.

I got Fantastic Four and Chronicle vibes after watching this trailer. I liked Chronicle and hated FF4 2015. So, it's hit or miss. Sorry if I don't fit your optimism. :)

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, does that change anything that I wrote?

It seems you're focused on hiding the negative and focusing on the positive, which is pretty much what marketing does. If anything, that proves the movie has a 50% chance of being bad. 

If for example a new Die Hard is being made, and I come and say that the same guy wrote Die Hard 1 and Street Fighter, you won't believe me, BUT it's true. The guy is hit or miss. There's no narrative, I'm trying to not get excited only to get disappointed. Fortunately the guy isn't writing Power Rangers.

I got Fantastic Four and Chronicle vibes after watching this trailer. I liked Chronicle and hated FF4 2015. So, it's hit or miss. Sorry if I don't fit your optimism. :)

I'm getting sick and tired of people cherry picking the works of the writers, director(s), and producers of the film tho and using it to say "This film will be bad." 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm getting sick and tired of people cherry picking the works of the writers, director(s), and producers of the film tho and using it to say "This film will be bad." 

I can agree with you, in that regard.

I got some bad vibes after watching the trailer, but I also got some bad vibes after watching X-Men Apocalypse and I actually loved the movie. So, just relax

From the trailer, it's pretty obvious they're aiming for the teen demographics which might hurt this because Beauty and the Beast,  while a family film, still have a huge attraction to teens.

Btw, still kinda excited for this. I'm one of the very few people who think 2015 FF isn't a total disaster, so I guess I'm okay with the vibe.

Edited by Captain H

In North America it faces shit tons of competition like BATB might have a strong second weekend if WOM is good, and faces King Arthur on the same weekend, and also next weekend more competition with a live action movie based on an anime called ghost in the shells.. although this looks serious, I doubt it will do that great, but it's a possibility it might, who knowns.

This was not half as bad as expected. It went from something I had no intention to see to something I might be streaming about this time next year. I might even go to the theater if there's a scene of Jason telling Rita to eat his shorts.