Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Deadline doesn't report anything on Fridays before 1:00-2:00 am est.

You don't say. I had no idea at all. This is totally news to me.

I think NF, Variety and THR start with mid-friday estimates based on early tracking and wine.

Then follow up late night with "real" estimates. DHD and Rth (god bless) directly give the final estimates late in the day.

And here I thought Deadline just vomited out numbers on Friday as soon as they woke up from their hangovers.

Hey, come on now, they're not like that. Deadline has a reputation to uphold. They're all about credible and accurate reporting you know.

The number isn't the problem, it's the jump.SM1 got to that $19.5 by jumping 166.6% which is nowhere near this crazy 220% or whatever.

Yes, but SM1 didn't drop 90% of its business by its 7th day. It was more like 80% for it(basically double the hold of TASM2's first Thurs). It was already performing at a high level so it didn't have as far to increase.

11.5m would still be nearly a 70% decrease from OD. SM1 dropped less than 50%. Daily percentage changes must always be looked at from a contextual POV.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

Deadline doesn't report anything on Fridays before 1:00-2:00 am est.

Now that I think about it you're probably. Nikki used to give early reports but yeah they've gotten later since she left.

11.5m would still be nearly a 70% decrease from OD. SM1 dropped less than 50%. Daily percentage changes must always be looked at from a contextual POV.

11.5 won't happen lol...If it does...

Context is key and I'm pretty sure SM1 didn't do $8.5m on Thursday shows that started at 7pm.

You have to take out that 8.7m in previews. :ph34r:

You have to take out that 8.7m in previews. :ph34r:

Spider-Man had huge midnight shows that they just lumped into Friday. They accommodated excess demand by adding early morning shows. I know because I went to one.  115m was not an easy accomplishment in 2002. The 8.7m is not something you can just toss out of the equation.

• Like 2

Spider-Man had huge midnight shows that they just lumped into Friday. They accommodated excess demand by adding early morning shows. I know because I went to one.  115m was not an easy accomplishment in 2002. The 8.7m is not something you can just toss out of the equation.

But Sony...oops, I mean Deadline wants you to do that for TASM2. They even asked nicely in their article earlier.
  • Like 3

But in the case of ASM2 there wasn't any accommodated excess demand.  There's nothing about these two films and their performance so far that's equatable except that they star Spider-man.

Deadline thinks you can, lol. 

• Like 1