Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

sorry, It totally collapse on weekdays, so a 235% is big but it's friday number is $11,5. 12 years ago SM1 made $19.5 on it's second friday.

The number isn't the problem, it's the jump. SM1 got to that $19.5 by jumping 166.6% which is nowhere near this crazy 220% or whatever.
  • Like 3

The number isn't the problem, it's the jump. SM1 got to that $19.5 by jumping 166.6% which is nowhere near this crazy 220% or whatever.

I would think SM3 is the better comparison. It had a 190% fri jump. When u are talking the much lower grosses of TASM2 then 220% isn't really worlds apart.

I'm feeling cynical at the moment. Sony will do anything to get those weekend estimates over 40m... because going from a 90-something weekend to a 40-something weekend looks a hell of a lot better to the eyes than a 30-something weekend.

Then watch actuals drop 3-4m.

• Like 4

Jeff Sneider is gloating about calling Neighbors over TASM2. I thought everyone on this forum pretty much called this last weekend.

NEIGHBORS... called it! Remember that @TheWrap was the first outlet to predict THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 would finish 2nd this weekend.

I think we called it months ago. lol

• Like 2

I'm planning on seeing Captain America 2 on Sunday.  This will be a good decision, yes?  I'm usually not a big fan of comic book movies or deafening visual effects spectacles, but the 90% approval rating on RT and good word of mouth makes me believe that it has a good script that can appeal to adults.  Heard that much of the film feels like a Soviet conspiracy thriller rather than a little kids movie.  If this is correct, I will go see it.

• Like 2

I'm feeling cynical at the moment. Sony will do anything to get those weekend estimates over 40m... because going from a 90-something weekend to a 40-something weekend looks a hell of a lot better to the eyes than a 30-something weekend.

Then watch actuals drop 3-4m.

But they don't get their numbers from Sony suits, do they? I thought they had access to a database which pooled info from theaters.

Edited by a2k

I'm planning on seeing Captain America 2 on Sunday.  This will be a good decision, yes?  I'm usually not a big fan of comic book movies or deafening visual effects spectacles, but the 90% approval rating on RT and good word of mouth makes me believe that it has a good script that can appeal to adults.  Heard that much of the film feels like a Soviet conspiracy thriller rather than a little kids movie.  If this is correct, I will go see it.

GO. SEE. IT.

I would personally recommend you to go see The Other Woman instead.
  • Like 5