Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I have a feeling Neighbors is going to be much loved by its target audience but not as much by those a bit older than 25.  Not to say it won't be liked, because it will, but not loved.  

Edited by baumer

That's the tagline for Alien vs. Predator. I think they were referring to the audience.

I think I was just kidding around.  :)

I have a feeling Neighbors is going to much loved by its target audience but not as much by those a bit older than 25.  Not to say it won't be liked, because it will, but not loved.  

Well, I'm in Uni, my show was filled with mostly students. And I liked it. But didn't love it. That was the general reaction from the people I was with, too.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

That is horrendous for TASM2. LOL at Oz number, but that should see a huge bump today. Any MNO numbers?

Why, is 10.1 M terrible? People thought 11.5 M was too high, so 10 M should be the expected number, no?

Why, is 10.1 M terrible? People thought 11.5 M was too high, so 10 M should be the expected number, no?

I think 11.5M was just Sony fudging the numbers to make ASM2 look good, the others studios were obviously going to cry foul... <_<

Well, I'm in Uni, my show was filled with mostly students. And I liked it. But didn't love it. That was the general reaction from the people I was with, too.

I was thinking on inviting a few friends to go with me, but now I may just save that invitation for Godzilla or X-Men, since they don't see many movies in theaters.

I was thinking on inviting a few friends to go with me, but now I may just save that invitation for Godzilla or X-Men, since they don't see many movies in theaters.

It's not that it isn't funny, it is imo.  It's just that it's no funnier than say Get Him To The Greek or something like that.

• Like 1

ASM2 is surely below 10 million.

Also... a box office hit for Zac Efron?!?! Are we going to be skiing in hell soon?

Well, he's not really known for bombs. Every one of his films that went wide has done well except for That Awkward Moment.  

http://boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=zacefron.htm

Edited by baumer

It's not that it isn't funny, it is imo.  It's just that it's no funnier than say Get Him To The Greek or something like that.

I don't think my friends know that exists. How would you compare it to Ted? 

I don't think my friends know that exists. How would you compare it to Ted? 

You might be asking the wrong guy but it's not nearly as funny as Ted.

The thing about Efron is that his films don't tank.  They actually do some business overseas and they are rarely made for big money.  Charlie St. Cloud had the biggest budget and that still made back its production budget WW.  And he's clearly trying to show that he can be more than a pretty face as he's done some challenging smaller films like Paperboy and Parkland.  

Yep, I am just gonna see it alone somewhere during the week.

Yea, take them to Godzilla.  That seems to be safe.

Get Him To The Greek was pretty bad, lol.