Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Wolf of Wall Street had great legs despite the awful cinemascore.

Lone Survivor got an A+, it had typical legs.

Etc.

The thing about Cinemascores (especially with movies such as a crude comedy aimed at a specific target of people) is that they have a very small and select survey pool, it isn't a big enough variety to tell much.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.

I'm just saying cinemascore has nothing to with how strong it will open.

• Like 1

In tons of places: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2004420/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

It is doing ok (way over This is the End, it will pass the total of that one over here sometime today) but nothing spectacular. I am beting on 100-130M OS right now. 

Yea, but it opened on Thursday in most places.  Let's see how it does on the weekend first.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that.

I'm just saying cinemascore has nothing to with how strong it will open.

That's true, I don't think cinemascore plays much relevance at all, I think there are better ways to gage WoM.

The scientist kid just died. Still until today the most stupid death scene ever. I totally remember everyone in the theater bursting into laughter with that scene. #WWZ

Edited by CJohn

The scientist kid just died. Still until today the most stupid death scene ever. I totally remember everyone in the theater bursting into laughter with that scene. #WWZ

I loved that part.

And keep up with the hashtags. Maybe we'll get wwz trending on um....

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 $37,000,000 -60% 4,324 0 $8,557 $147,700,722

Yea, good luck hitting 37 mill.  It went up pretty much exactly what Spider-man 3 did on Friday, so if it follows suit on Sat and Sun, it'll do about 34 mill.

• Like 6

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So it's heading for about a 37% drop.