Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Holy crap that has a much lower budget than exected. Can't wait to see it next weekend.

No doubt.  I suspect Seth Rogen, in particular, is going to make out like a bandit off this movie.

• Like 3

Last time film from 1st wknd of MAY failed to stay #1 in 2nd wknd was 2009's Wolverine bumped by StarTrek.

— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya) May 10, 2014

To be fair, Neighbors 50m+ will be bigger than Thor's and possibly IM2's holdover(52m) too.

And StarTrek's ow would have beaten anyone's hold except TA's.

Edited by a2k

To be fair, Neighbors 50m+ will be bigger than Thor's and possibly IM2's holdover(52m) too.

EDIT: I take that back for Iron Man 2, inflation barely adds anything to it.

Edited by The Panda

Draft Day is really good.  If you like football, I think you'll love the movie.

I actually don't like football :lol: I do like Costner and the movie looks like Moneyball-lite from the trailers, so I should be able to enjoy it :)

• Like 1

To be fair, adjust those to inflation and they'd still come out on top.

Not Thor.

To be fair to XOW too, Star Trek would beat most except TA.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Yeah. It might have out of date contact info though. But I have the numbers and I'm going to give that info to the shelters.

Good to hear. My dog is chipped as well after being told by vets that it helps recover lost dogs. If it's attached to a cell number that you've kept hopefully you'll get contacted soon.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I haven't watched agents of shield in months but I'll check Agent Carter out

Shield has gotten really good. It started improving when they brought on Bill Paxton and they got closer to the events of Cap 2. I like where the shows going in the wake of that movies' events.
  • Like 1

Not Thor.

To be fair to XOW too, Star Trek would beat most except TA.

I just think it really depends year to year, Star Trek would make a different amount depending the movie that was before it, it definitely helped that nobody wanted to see XOW because of terrible WoM, similar to Neighbors with ASM2 (the target audience of neighbors is still part of the target demo for ASM2).

If Neighbors had followed something like The Avengers, I don't know if we would be seeing a 50m opening.  I really think the 50m opening instead of the projected 35ish is a testament to the unappealing nature of TASM2.

• Like 1

Shield has gotten really good. It started improving when they brought on Bill Paxton and they got closer to the events of Cap 2. I like where the shows going in the wake of that movies' events.

I can't get past AOS crappy actors. I love Bill Paxton in anything. But even he couldn't hold my interest. The last episode I watched right after watched Cap 2 was good because it tied into the movie. But as long as they keep those leads I'm afraid I can't watch it.

i feel like all the people saying shield got good didn't realise they weren't actually watching the show, they were watching captain america 2 in the theater...

Well it tied into the movie very well. So that's why it got good. 

I can't wait to move back to the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) just so I have access to all the limited releases and "black films".  Living in London, there are no Madea films playing here and no limited releases.