Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I remember it being a big deal that B&R had a weekend opening of 42 million dollars, way down from BF. The media blamed it on the Julia Roberts flick MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING. And then B&R plummetted the next weekend. WB expected it to make 150 million domestic gross. I'm surprised it broke 100 million it was so poor. I see ASM2 struggling to 200 Million, which would be the 2014 equivalent of the B&R situation. So what's next for Spidey? Sony needs to rethink their strategy.

Gritty reboot anyone? :ph34r:

• Like 1

I get the feeling they're mocking U.S. food/taste here.

I'd have probably tried that if I came across it.

Though, it sure wouldn't have beat the crispy tarantulas. Honestly, I loved those damn things. Now put THOSE on a hot dog and I'm sold.

Since AMWTDITW came up, I'm at Universal studios right now, on the tour the guide brought the movie up and a couple of the guys sitting behind me said "Doesn't look as good as Ted". I think that will be the biggest issue facing the movie - the comparisons to Ted.

• Like 2

I'd have probably tried that if I came across it.

Though, it sure wouldn't have beat the crispy tarantulas. Honestly, I loved those damn things. Now put THOSE on a hot dog and I'm sold.

Dump some chili on 'em and call it the Slobby Shelob.

DONE.

• Like 4

Gritty reboot anyone? :ph34r:

Sony should have just had the continuing adventures of Spidey after SM3. New cast, maybe a new director, and no origin story. Quite a few friends had no interest in ASM(one said when the trailer played "I feel like I just saw this movie!"), and that carried over to ASM2.

• Like 3