Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

That kind of bodes well for a good Mother's Day hold right?

How many mothers are going to an R rated comedy about a frat house?  

$500K to get one's foot in the door and become a mainstream name?  I'll take it.  As the article says, actors always renegotiate deals if the franchise takes off (which TASM did).  I'm sure Garfield is making much more than the $1m for TASM 2 as the original contract stipulated and will make more than $2m for TASM 3.

It's not that uncommon for the first movie in a franchise. That's around what Shia got for TF1, what RDJ/Evans/Hems got from IM1/CA1/Thor 1, etc. But it's weird that they didn't get a raise for the sequel

Your avatar...it needs to be Jeff Nathanson.

To see Zac Efron with his shirt off most of he movie... Hmmmmmmm I wonder plus the split was 53% female. Will be interesting.

I would think there were a few mothers in that 53% mix.

It's not that uncommon for the first movie in a franchise. That's around what Shia got for TF1, what RDJ/Evans/Hems got from IM1/CA1/Thor 1, etc. But it's weird that they didn't get a raise for the sequel

It's not weird at all given Marvel's well known reputation for being tightfisted with their wallets.   Here's a great story on how RDJ forced Marvel to pay the other guys before he re-signed.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/robert-downey-jr-avengers-marvel-negotiations-fight/

"After hard-fought bargaining, Chris Evans for Captain America 2 and Chris Hemsworth for Thor 2 wound up with deals still weighted on the back end but at least with attainable break-even numbers and small upfront guarantees and box office bonuses."

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

The legend still lives  :wub:  I thought people had forgotten about this by now. Never forget guys, never forget  :wub:

How can we forget the worst wide opening for 2000+  Look at that.  It's a thing of beauty.  What movie will break that record?

WORST WIDE OPENINGS

1982–Present

Note: Very Wide Releases (opening at 2,000+ theaters), worst 200 openings only.

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Opening* % of

Total

Theaters Avg. Total Gross^ Wide

Date**

1 Oogieloves In The BIG Balloon Adventure KVP $443,901 41.6% 2,160 $206 $1,065,907 8/29/12
2 Delgo Free $511,920 73.7% 2,160 $237 $694,782 12/12/08
  • Like 2