BadAtGender

Thursday numbers | No Neighbors here

if it jumps 170% on fri, 60% on sat and falls 31% on sun, it gets 

9.45 + 15.12 + 10.43 = 35m (-61.8%)

This seems logical. Thor 2 jumped 196% and 60% and fell 32%. The Saturday increase and Sunday drop will probably be better for TASM2 (since it is playing to families and Sunday is Mother's day), the Friday increase will probably be lower.

Good for Cap2 finally under 50% drop this week.  Although I don't know what Wednesday's week to week drop was.

Edited by ECSTASY

Rio increased

Rio and Bears increased. Both are family films. So TASM2's disgusting drop now makes me question the family effect it's supposed to have.

Edited by a2k

Rio and Bears increased. Both are family films. So TASM2's disgusting drop now makes me question the family effect it's supposed to have.

To be fair, the first week of a big tentpole often behaves a bit differently than later in the run. It's not an unexpected or bad thing that TASM2 dropped (nor is that indicative that it's not playing to families)... but the amount of the drop is problematic.

• Like 1

Think I predicted 240-250 for ASM2, but it probably won't even make it to 220. It's going to be between 145-150 after this weekend. Then comes the onslaught of competition.

Whatever legs it tries to grow will be crushed by the likes of 22 Jump Street and How To Train Your Dragon 2 in June. I don't see it having much success developing legs to begin with when the next 3 weeks feature these movies all going after Spidey's demographics: Godzilla, X-Men, Maleficent, and Million Ways to Die in the West.