A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

32 minutes ago, Willowra said:

I’m loving the show, and I honestly can see where the money is going there. The final sequence of this fourth episode was some big blockbuster shit.

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m loving the show, and I honestly can see where the money is going there. The final sequence of this fourth episode was some big blockbuster shit.

SLJ, Ben, Emilia, and Olivia all demand a big paycheck; this is where the money went.

Just now, Willowra said:

SLJ, Ben, Emilia, and Olivia all demand a big paycheck; this is where the money went.

Oh I have no doubt on that. Also I read the article and regardless how costly this rewrites were, if this went on the dialogue of this show this has some of the best dialogues in all the MCU since episode 1. Show made me cry today actually. Twice. One from a dialogue scene and other… for those that are watching this, be prepared.

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

Dinsey has a strategic advantage in that it has so many other major sources of income outside of movies and TV then the other studios.

Yes, I know Universal has it's "Studio" parks, but that is small potatos compared to the Disney resort empire.

I don't think any other Hollywood studio has a fleet of cruise ships, for example. And the Disney cruises are incredibly lucrative.

This is why I find comments on certain platforms that Disney is 'dying' idiotic, they have so many revenue streams to tap into, not just the parks but also live entertainment. The Lion King is still bringing big bucks globally for the stage adaptation. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

I wonder how much of that $212 mil could've gone to writers.

Apparently according with the article, the rewrites was costly. But I doubt that all of that went to the writers. And I agree, they should receive more. In fact this is some of the best dialogue I’ve seen in anything superhero related in a good while. The people that did some of the highlights of this show should be paid better and kept under their wings. Not really comic book dialogue, just some really well made understanding of who the characters are and a great use of the race allegory with both Fury as an Afro-American man and the Skrulls as a race. Good, thought provoking stuff.

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Writers have alwlays got a small percentage of the total budget.

I support the writers in the current strike, but get real.

I don't think any screenwriter has ever made over a Million dollars for a script. And a Million, though  a lot of you and me, in pennies in the overall budget of a major film.

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Good.

You know De Santis is screaming and thwoing things at the wall over that.

Of course, given how his campaign is going, Disney won't have to worry about putting him into the Hall of Presidents at Disney World.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

They definitely should have spent a bit more on the planning stage because the miniseries has been extremely undercooked and muddled with plot points every episode that only make sense if you understand everyone is just very dumb

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

They definitely should have spent a bit more on the planning stage because the miniseries has been extremely undercooked and muddled with plot points every episode that only make sense if you understand everyone is just very dumb

I’m reading that once again they had to have emergency rewrites because the plot got started getting too close to home, since the war in Ukraine started after they were already filming. Crazy if true, because that would be the second time since covid started that the MCU would need to have rewrites because fiction got too close to reality in the last three years. The plot for FatWS also involved a pandemic happening after the blip people came back.

LOL Iger was initially supposed to leave in 2018/2019?

No doubt this pisses off some of the people working beneath him who were hoping for the job. Though he could technically leave at any moment.

Iger hasn't done anything to rescue the company, he lost he midas touch he used to have in the 2010s and is applying old solutions to new problems. While Chapek wasn't perfect, far from it, he was less out of touch and the company was better under him.

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

No doubt this pisses off some of the people working beneath him who were hoping for the job. Though he could technically leave at any moment.

Iger did retire in 2020..and came back after Chapek messed things up.

17 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Iger hasn't done anything to rescue the company, he lost he midas touch he used to have in the 2010s and is applying old solutions to new problems. While Chapek wasn't perfect, far from it, he was less out of touch and the company was better under him.

You won't find many people agreeing with you about  CHapek. He alienated much of the talent. His whole phony tough guy act was a frace. Of course it impressed all the other phony tough guy wannabes.

I wonder if, once againk the resentment of old age and boomers are coming into play here. 

Or just explain what Chapek did for the company that was so great.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

Not unless the contract gives him that option.