A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

D23 preview

http://micechat.com/34021-2013-d23-expo/

5) The Studios. We can’t tell you exactly what. But let’s just say they will be previewing Frozen, The Good Dinosaur, Tomorrowland, Saving Mr. Banks, and other films they have in the world from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. And the stars? Well, you’ll have to be there to see for yourself!
  • Like 1

Can't say I'm surprised TLR is an epic fail.Disney is not doing well on its blockbuster track record. If it wasn't for Pixar and Marvel (and you can argue they're not even "Disney"), they'd be bleeding money.Bring Dick Cook back?

Can't say I'm surprised TLR is an epic fail.Disney is not doing well on its blockbuster track record. If it wasn't for Pixar and Marvel (and you can argue they're not even "Disney"), they'd be bleeding money.Bring Dick Cook back?

On the live action front, Disney is underperforming but animation, Marvel and soon Lucasfilm will make up for those losses but i wouldn't be surprised if this is Bruckheimers last film at Disney aside from Pirates. I do think Disney needs someone to overhaul their development slate for live action films.

Disney is first and foremost a family entertainment company, and that's where they succeed by a wide margin. Just look at their animation deparment and the fantasy live actions like Oz and Alice.The lone ranger was trying look edgy and to appeal to the adults more so I guess that was a problem. The bloated budget, bad press even before release and bad word of mouth just made it struggle alot.

I really can't wait for Saving Mr. Banks, only because I think the Disney company tends to forget about their founder every now and then.

I hope EmmaThompson gets luckier with this one than with BeautifulCreatures.

I'm curious for this movie!

Edited by Gideon

New Details and Tentative Titles Released for Disney's Upcoming Animated Slate

http://www.a113animation.com/2013/07/new-details-revealed-about-disneys.html?m=0

Here are the titles (more details are available in the article):

[*]Frozen (dir.: Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee) - 27th November, 2013 [*]Big Hero 6 (dir.: Don Hall) - 7th November, 2014 [*]Zootopia (dir.: Byron Howard) - 4th March, 2016 [*]Giants (dir.: Nathan Greno) - 23rd November, 2016 [*]Moana (dir. Ron Clements and John Musker) - 9th March, 2018 [*]Untitled (dir.: Dean Wellin) - 21st November, 2018

Edited by Ladybug
  • Like 3