A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

WDA's only done two sequels: Rescuers Down Under and Winnie the Pooh; and they both came a very long time after their predecessors. I think Disney will be going the TV/short film route with the WIR franchise for the time being.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

WDA's only done two sequels: Rescuers Down Under and Winnie the Pooh; and they both came a very long time after their predecessors. I think Disney will be going the TV/short film route with the WIR franchise for the time being.

And Fantasia 2000. :). But I see your point, they dont have a true franchise kind of series. It seems they may go the direct to video route, but you never know..it looks like Iger has a strategy of using franchises to help the bottom line.

I don't think WIR needs a sequel, i think it'd be fine as shorts, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Hero 6 or if it happens Aladdin 3D has a Wreck it Ralph short. The Toy Story Toons shorts were a great way to continue using the Toy Story characters,

While I see that Disney Animation rarely comes up with sequels, it's mostly because the source material is from fairy tales. WiR isnt and I can them doing it but not immediately if at all. Amd besides it looks like they already have movies slated for 2013 and 2014.

No, I think. Does it deserve a sequel?

Well it made 590WW + 160 in home video sales. Sure its production budget was 260 but I think it made up for it and then some. And it was a great movie IMO. So yeah I believe it earned at least a consideration for a sequel. Will it get one? I doubt it since it's based on a fairy tale and, as been said, Disney Animation doesn't do sequels often.