A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

I could be wrong, but I don't think they had anything planned for DisneyNature's future at all. It was Chimpanzee's success that led to the announcement of Bears for 2014.

Either way, I'm glad the label didn't die a slow death. The films aren't brilliant, but there's a lack of these type of films for kids so I'm happy it's still around.

I wonder what Starz is going to do when Netflix gets the Disney first run deals. They'll mainly have Sony, but they're not HBO, Disney I'm sure is a big success for Starz.

I imagine they'll concentrate on their originals, I think if Epix folds then I wouldn't be surprised if Starz signed deals with Paramount or Lionsgate,

I hope they don't, because I have HBO.

Epix was really created as Showtime didn't renew their deal with those studios and Showtime have done fine without major films. It's a surprise Epix is still running as I imagine the numbers of subcribers is tiny compared to the big three premium networks.

It's annoying that people continue to force this divide between "critics" and "audiences" (I'm assuming that kid was told to ask that question by his/her parents). Critics are just viewers who get paid to write their opinions and it's hypocritical to say that you don't listen to them if you have any friends or family you get movie recommendations from. 

I wonder if he'd say the same thing if the question were loaded the other way: Do you care more about the box office receipts or artistic integrity of your animated films?

Edited by tribefan695

Big Hero 6 is their 2014 animated film, think its more likely for 2015. Not keen on the title, sounds like a game show.

What's that?, never heard of it, and if so, when will WIR 2 be scheduled? Edited by Bryan