CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Hey, there are a thousand ways they can retcon Kong into being Godzilla's size.....

I have noticed that the Canon for franchises is always more holy and sacred to the fans then to the people who actually make the films.

THANK. YOU. I love the 1933 Kong, but I am not going to cry blasphemy if they make Kong the same size as Godzilla in this reboot.

• Like 3

Who says this will even have the beauty/beast plot line? It's been done three times already - yes, it's the heart of the story, but there's no rule that says every Kong movie has to do it.

I don't care, I already have MY Kong movie, they can do whatever the fuck they want with this one.

• Like 1

So, yup... Kongs for sure going to be much much larger. It's also kind of obvious, just like Godzilla, this Kong will be one of a species that lived long ago.

EDIT: See video in previous post.

Edited by Cookson

http://www.thanhniennews.com/arts-culture/new-king-kong-movie-to-film-in-worlds-largest-cave-in-central-vietnam-53669.html

Kong: Skull Island to film in worlds largest cave in Vietnam!

And here is a look inside this beautiful cave: http://petapixel.com/2015/03/11/photographer-takes-drone-into-hang-son-doong-the-largest-cave-in-the-world/

Simply breathtaking this film will look... wow.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/11/13/tohos-new-godzilla-gets-a-title-and-some-bragging-rights

Speaking of KONG being bigger, it appears TOHO is making their own GODZILLA titled GODZILLA: RESURGENCE that will make the big guy the tallest yet, taller than the 2014 movie.. I mean, at this point, this is turning into more of a Dick measuring contest if anything...

It's been reported that TOHO 100% respects what WB and LP are doing. These sites are translating this stuff wrong. Toho is making the biggest Godzilla, but it's not supposed to be a "dick measuring contest". Toho can't compete with what WB and LP are doing anyway....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookson said:

190m is kinda hefty.

But KK did 218m unadjusted (291m adjusted) before 3D.

Skull Island should be pretty 3D friendly.

So with inflation and 3D, despite removing Jackson's name, they are betting on at least KK's numbers domestic.

In 2005 China's bo was not that big. KK did 330m OS out of which only 12.6m was from China.

So with China's current bo potential they are betting on 600m ww (220m + 380m).

More importantly it needs to be good enough for the GA to look forward to the sequels. (Not that quality and budget always go hand in hand, but Jackson raised the bar on visuals so high that they can't afford to fall short on that front.)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Just kind of hoping that big budget means we'll see Kong fight another Kaiju in this to help establish he can take on Godzilla.

It'll obviously make much more in China now compared to the 2005 release. I'd say this has a great shot at 500m OS with at least 200 DOM.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 2