CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

6 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Jordan Vogt-Roberts... :huh: Another visionless, middlebrow puppet director like Colin Trevorwood?

I think people will have a newfound appreciation for Jackson's King Kong after this one comes out.

I'll be there for Brie tho.

I'm sure the guy's got talent..I mean come on look at that beard

• Like 1

They're shooting in Vietnam, and in the worlds largest cave there soon. Apparently, Reel Tours Hawaii, got some info stating the shoots there include(I'll put them in spoiler tags):

Spoiler

The crew running into a "alien". Huge River Monsters fighting a huge Orangutan Kong(could be based off of Tohos Kong). 

I love the sound of that stuff!

People will regret the half hour boat act of visionary filmmaker Peter Jackson's King Kong after seeing this.

This is total 100% reboot of the character, King Kong, not associated with Peter Jacksons or any previous Kong film. A brand new look for the character... which is a good thing.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WB has moved King Arthur to March 24th. I think this may indicate Skull Island moving to Summer since I doubt they will put 2 big budget projects within 2 weeks of one another.

Only a matter of time until WB sends a press release...

• Like 1

It's going to suck waiting the two extra months(if this gets moved to May), but it'll do better business then I think.

This article: http://vietnamnews.vn/life-style/281518/king-kong-filming-in-ninh-binh-gets-date.html about the upcoming filming in Vietnam, mentions a budget of 160m. That's a much better budget compared to the crazy rumored 200m a few weeks ago.

Edited by Cookson