CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

Really?

Damn! I didnt know that.

It has to be a completely  new idea of skull island and kong now. Godzilla is 300ft tall Kong is what 24? 

How did they explain the height difference in the 1963 film?

It didn't matter the last time

kl8C7VQ.gif

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

If WB has control of Kong and Godzilla, not sure how Universe proceeds with a monster universe unless WB and them collaborate. 

They have Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon. None of those really sync up with the giant monsters. 

They have Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Invisible Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon. None of those really sync up with the giant monsters.

Yup, you get it.

There's Universal monsters. They inhabit a different world from the towering monster movies.

This isn't a conflict.

Besides, Dracula Untold? Bah, that didn't start shit universe wise.

Yeah... obviously they're not gonna make a 350ft monster fight at 25ft gorilla..........

This doesn't HAVE to be THE King Kong, just a interpretation of him. This is where the money is at as far as giant monster movies are concerned. Good for LP bringing King Kong to Warner Bros.

Question is though.... will this be part of Edwards world... or will Skull Island set up KKvsG in a totally different world?

Either way, the whole thing sounds absurd in that no way could KONG defeat GODZILLA just on Radioactive breath alone would burn him up..

Don't watch any science fiction movie ever if you can't accept this........ Giant Monsters are impossible to begin with.................. Super Heroes aren't real...... etc. etc.

Don't watch any science fiction movie ever if you can't accept this........ Giant Monsters are impossible to begin with.................. Super Heroes aren't real...... etc. etc.

Power level discussions are a favored pastime here. The filmmakers will probably never even allude to the difference in sizes, they will start both of them off as the same size.

If King Kong vs Godzilla ever gets made (in say 2018 or so), the trailers will be epic for sure, and the outdoor campaign may end up being one of the best. It will be huge just on the hype and marketing alone.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Power level discussions are a favored pastime here. The filmmakers will probably never even allude to the difference in sizes, they will start both of them off as the same size.

If King Kong vs Godzilla ever gets made (in say 2018 or so), the trailers will be epic for sure, and the outdoor campaign may end up being one of the best. It will be huge just on the hype and marketing alone.

Exactly.... it won't be brought up I'm sure. You just go to the movie to enjoy it and forget about everything else.

I don't know.. I mean, the marketing for GODZILLA was pretty good and even it didn't do that well...

A 90M+ opening, especially coming off the 98 movie when no one expected anything more than 60M would be doing well based on marketing. It just nosedived after that because the marketing was misleading.

A 90M+ opening, especially coming off the 98 movie when no one expected anything more than 60M would be doing well based on marketing. It just nosedived after that because the marketing was misleading.

I'm going to disagree...and agree...with this post.

The marketing killed...agreed. It didn't nose dive cause of misleading marketing...it opened higher than perhaps it deserved caused of the marketing, it nosedived cause the movie just didn't quite deliver what the marketing promised.

There's a subtle difference there. Maybe so small were saying the same thing. But I feel like you're saying the marketing didn't do its job. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm saying...the marketing was incredible...and the movie failed it.

• Like 1

I'm going to disagree...and agree...with this post.

The marketing killed...agreed. It didn't nose dive cause of misleading marketing...it opened higher than perhaps it deserved caused of the marketing, it nosedived cause the movie just didn't quite deliver what the marketing promised.

There's a subtle difference there. Maybe so small were saying the same thing. But I feel like you're saying the marketing didn't do its job. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm saying...the marketing was incredible...and the movie failed it.

The marketing did its job. The focusing on ATJ running through San Francisco for some reason or the other while all everyone in the audience wants to see at the point is Godzilla finally fighting the 2 monsters failed the movie.

• Like 1