baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Good holds for Rio 2, Heaven is for Real and The Other Woman. Solid April 2014 movies

Just watched Godzilla and it was OK but I will understand if this will get mixed WOM

Cool to see Philippines part of the story sort-of just like in Pacific Rim hehe

It would be my luck that the week I finally put Cap ahead of Rio in the BSG is the one where it falls behind.

I hate when stuff like that happens, lol. Oh well.

TASM2 might not turn a profit, since it cost so damn much to make. At least in theaters. Should be fine once it hits ancillary markets, though. For the third, what they really need to do is focus on the writing to get that right ahead of time, before they start shooting. One thing that Marvel does well is that they tend to focus on that so that even if the writing isn't spectacular (and it really hasn't been in any of them), it's accessible on a scene level and people generate a rapport. The sheer amount of Marvel gifsets I see on Tumblr with some commentary about how it has some deeper meaning is pretty astounding. (MCU: great scenes, even if the end product is a little iffy.) The nice advantage of this is that they probably aren't shooting a whole lot that ends up on the cutting room floor, so the budgets are comparably more modest.

If TASM3 cuts out $100m from the budget (and cuts the marketing budget by a third to a half), it doesn't need to clear $200m to be fine. Sony can't try the approach they had with TASM2 by throwing in everything and a few extra kitchen sinks again.

That could be tough to reach. I dont think it will

Maybe. What will TASM2 be at after this weekend? Somewhere in the 630-640 range? Seems like 700 is a stone cold lock from there. 755 isn't a lock, but it's definitely still within reach.