baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I don't see that happening. We still have X-Men, Transformers, and Guardians and Ninja Turtles as possiblities.

No way Guardians or Turtles open bigger than Cap 2 or Godzilla.Turtles will be lucky to open bigger than Neighbors.
  • Like 1

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So with 31.5 for the weekend. How much was from China as opposed to the other markets? I guess I better go to the China thread to see some calculations.

The last one had solid WOM. I think the biggest problem of TF4 is his own trailer. Lets compare the final trailers of TF4 and TF3 here:

http://youtu.be/CKD5SNYUpUk

Yeah, it is not even fair. TF3 had a masterpiece of a trailer. TF4 has a fine trailer, but nothing big.

But TF4 has Optimus Prime riding a robot T-Rex and kicking ass.

I'm thinking ASM 2 will drop pretty badly next week because there is another superhero film coming out with tons of buzz. CAP 2 dropped 52% when ASM 2 came out. I think Spidey will follow a similar fate, but monday will help it.

Pretty much every movie drops less than 50% over Memorial Day weekend, unless they loses tons of screens (Cap 2 and Rio 2 are more likely for this), or it's their second weekend. 

I see ASM2 getting a 35-45% drop over the 3 day with a 20-30% drop over the 4 day. Not to mention X-Men isn't exactly kid-friendly (or Godzilla for that matter)... Spidey will probably get $205-210 million DOM when it's said and done. 

Huh? 25 M after this weekend?

Well in a lot of countries it will be mostly closed on tuesday night (ity opened on Aoril teh 16th and a lot of countries pull out movies after 3 to 6 weeks while tyhe last two weeks, theater counts is extremely reduced) as Dofp is kicking it on wednesday.

It can still pull a lot of cash in China, especially on weekends but Dofp will also be released there.  

Quite frankly i don't see it pulling another $40M, unless it is still largelly in theaters for the next three weeks which it won't with DOFP opening this wednesday and Maleficent opening the next one..

There, 31.5 M overseas. And Ent expects 25 M from thereon?

Well it depends though. She said with competition coming. China is the biggest market and DOFP opens there this weekend. I don't know what it will do but there's the possibility of it losing steam.

There, 31.5 M overseas. And Ent expects 25 M from thereon?

Around 45%+ came from China and with DOFP opening this week will hurt it pretty bad there but I do agree 500M OS should happen but still not guaranteed to beat Cap WW. 

• Like 1

The last one had solid WOM. I think the biggest problem of TF4 is his own trailer. Lets compare the final trailers of TF4 and TF3 here:

http://youtu.be/CKD5SNYUpUk

Yeah, it is not even fair. TF3 had a masterpiece of a trailer. TF4 has a fine trailer, but nothing big.

Transformers 4 is gonna do well simply because the gap between it and X-Men is roughly 35 days. Apes doesn't come out until July 11th. Considering families are going to want something to see over the 4th of July week (and HTTYD2 the only major family competition for the summer), this will probably get $275-325 million DOM solely due to lack of competition.

ASM2 just looked terrible while TF4 looks slightly more appealing. 

Granted, I feel HTTYD2 is going to win the summer, but oh well  :lol:

Around 45%+ came from China and with DOFP opening this week will hurt it pretty bad there but I do agree 500M OS should happen but still not guaranteed to beat Cap WW. 

If it makes 500 overseas then I'm pretty sure it will beat Cap worldwide. It's gonna make more than 200m domestic right?