baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

A movie about Godzilla just opened with 93M. I am letting that sink in. A part of me still can't believe it.

Maybe more. That 30% drop for Sunday seems high given the Canadian holiday tomorrow.

• Like 1

I may be alone in this statement, but it is a sad state of affairs that Godzilla got 93M this weekend.  There is no reason, whatsoever, for it.  That movie was putrid and just didn't even need to be (re)made for the umpteenth time.  I thought movie audiences were better than that.

I may be alone in this statement, but it is a sad state of affairs that Godzilla got 93M this weekend. There is no reason, whatsoever, for it. That movie was putrid and just didn't even need to be (re)made for the umpteenth time. I thought movie audiences were better than that.

Posted Image
  • Like 4

Also, Frozen passed $1.2b WW which is nuts. I think this has been a great year for box office thus far. Unlike last summer, films will have a little more room to breathe. 

LMAO I totally forgot about Frozen. That movie has been quietly kicking mucho ass.

• Like 1

I may be alone in this statement, but it is a sad state of affairs that Godzilla got 93M this weekend.  There is no reason, whatsoever, for it.  That movie was putrid and just didn't even need to be (re)made for the umpteenth time.  I thought movie audiences were better than that.

You mean the 2nd time? 

• Like 4

Posted Image

• Like 7

A movie about Godzilla just opened with 93M. I am letting that sink in. A part of me still can't believe it.

I don't find it hard to believe but then again everybody I know loves Godzilla and he's like a household name. 

• Like 5

I haven't seen it yet, but this film had a masterful marketing campaign and it opened big time. This should not make you loose faith, when a film is both massively and effectively marketed it will likely open very well. If you think this is truly horrid and it gets an insane multiplier, then maybe you can be a bit depressed. But don't let a big opening let you loose faith in audiences – it's the result of great advertising. 

• Like 1

You're so much better than all of them. Hail you.

• Like 9

The same movie audiences that drive Transformers films to 300m+ grosses, those movie audiences?

• Like 4

I may be alone in this statement, but it is a sad state of affairs that Godzilla got 93M this weekend. There is no reason, whatsoever, for it. That movie was putrid and just didn't even need to be (re)made for the umpteenth time. I thought movie audiences were better than that.

Considering the shitty effects of the last movie, I think a remake was perfectly warranted and given the large gross it's pretty damn clear the audience agrees. And why would audience be 'better than that'? They go for entertainment and what's not entertaining about watching giant mobsters fighting with state of the art technology? Edited by Jessie
  • Like 4

Considering the shitty effects if the last movie, I think a remake was perfectly warranted and given the large gross it's pretty damn clear the audience agrees. And why would audience be 'better than that'? They go for entertainment and what's not entertain about watching giant mobster fighting with state of the art technology?

marlon brando?

• Like 9