baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Bayformers 280, X 240, Fault 150, Turtles 130. Don't forget to laugh them up to 'teach' me a lesson.

Right after making sure you pick up on everyone else laughing/joking on each others' predictions on a daily basis.

Considering your predictions are almost the same as mine, give it or take 20M (except TMNT, because I have to think and see more about it, so I haven't made a prediction yet, TF4 260M, X-Men 220M and Fault I already said here I will change my sig tomorrow to a bigger number), since you are saying my predictions are a joke, you are also calling yours a joke as well, which makes no sense...

Edited by CJohn

With China and Japan left, 350-400M seems like where it is heading.

Still not sure about Japan. The way they "treated" PR and Japan-centric wolverine, I would be really happy with 30m there.Also, while everyone in Japan knows Godzilla, the last Toho film, final wars flopped big time. The film's ridiculously shitty quality didn't help lolThough not sure if comparing that to a big budget Godzilla is appropriate or not... It's still a mystery to me how it'll do there.

“Godzilla” arrives with a $160 million production budget and when marketing and other costs are taken into account, Legendary Pictures says that it will need to make $380 million globally in order to break even.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/godzilla-seeks-worldwide-domination-at-the-box-office-1201181416/

It will need to make more than that (never trust what studios say about their internal accounting) but Godzilla can definitely turn a profit.  My back of the envelope guess is $500m WW.  I can see that happening just off of overseas tallies.  On a slightly different topic, next weekend I think DOFP will hurt TASM2 more than Godzilla.  

• Like 2

The Counselor is actually a pretty good movie. Saw it a second time on Blu-Ray. 

So you already saw PR 4 times and now you saw The Counselor 2 times. That is crazy. 

EDIT: Did you saw the extended version? Is it better than the theater version?

Edited by CJohn

The Counselor is actually a pretty good movie. Saw it a second time on Blu-Ray.

i have checked out that site on your sig and I must know where you get the time to watch all these movies?

So you already saw PR 4 times and now you saw The Counselor 2 times. That is crazy. 

EDIT: Did you saw the extended version? Is it better than the theater version?

No, I watched the theatrical version. Might check out the EE next week.