baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Monsters, Cloverfield, Pacific Rim, Godzilla... Hmm. All of 'em just serve as a reminder as to how much more I prefer The Host and why Bong Joon-ho should really direct the sequel. The man gave us plenty of suspense, humor, human drama, conspiracy, social commentary, monster mayhem, etc. with The Host. I love that film to death.

• Like 3

I walked away really impressed. I thought the human element wasn't that strong but it wasn't as bad as some people made it to be either. ATJ is not very good, but I thought Olsen (though inconsequential), Cranston, etc were more than serviceable. Also, Watanabe totally was kinda shitty. But I forgive him, he bought the whole airline after all.

The atmosphere and tone was pitch perfect throughout. That's what I loved most. Real solid B+

• Like 5

Monsters, Cloverfield, Pacific Rim, Godzilla... Hmm. All of 'em just serve as a reminder as to how much more I prefer The Host and why Bong Joon-ho should really direct the sequel. The man gave us plenty of suspense, humor, human drama, conspiracy, social commentary, monster mayhem, etc. with The Host. I love that film to death.

I've never seen The Host. How is it? Also IMHO Godzilla 2014 had social commentary. It's just not heavy-handed. It's subtle like Gojira's.