baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Damn... that's shorter than I expected

Don't worry we won't find out for sure until the movie comes out. There are still sources saying 135 minutes

• Like 5

Don't worry we won't find out for sure until the movie comes out. There are still sources saying 135 minutes

Oh man, remember that time I saw a runtime listed for TASM was like 95 minutes?  It wasn't correct, but it stirred some shit with iJack, and that was worth it!

• Like 1

Oh man, remember that time I saw a runtime listed for TASM was like 95 minutes?  It wasn't correct, but it stirred some shit with iJack, and that was worth it!

Would have been better at 95 minutes. Ends sooner.

Would have been better at 95 minutes. Ends sooner.

Well, of course it would have!  I love a good movie that does what it needs to and gets out!

Too many people think there's a correlation of epic runtime = epic movie.  More often than not, that is completely false.

• Like 2

You mean Legendary, who financed both? ;)

Dammit, Tele, ya beat me to it with pointing out it was the same Warners/Legendary team that did PR that did Godzilla.

But what is different is how brilliantly Godzilla was marketed, compared to the incredibly crappy campaing for PR.Legendary was insane to do a campaign that seemed to have no interest in appealing to anybody other then the Sci Fi/Kaiju geeks, and it was only in the last two weeks that Warners, seeing how badly the film was tracking, took over the marketing and made a last minute attempt to appeal to the General Audience. It was too little, too late.

I am betting the Warners point blank told Legendary, after the fiasco with the PR marketing, that Warners would handle the marketing, and they have done so brilliantly. From the beginning they aimed it at the General Audience, knowing the geeks would come anyway.

And It has paid off.

Edited by dudalb

I think I've got a new name for you, 'Beast!'

If I weren't so lazy I'd have changed the channel.

"You should be Professor X and you should be Magneto!"

They shoulda just had JK Simmons and Bruce Campbell show up and give them their names

• Like 3

Well, of course it would have!  I love a good movie that does what it needs to and gets out!

Too many people think there's a correlation of epic runtime = epic movie.  More often than not, that is completely false.

The Halba in me likes a 2 hour movie or so. Some genres lend themselves to a shorter/longer run time though. Comedies and horror movies, I don't think I can handle much longer than 95 minutes or so.

The most bizarre thing happened in MLB The Show. I took a swing and the bat slipped out of my hands when I struck out. That's hilarious that they can actually put that in as a random occurence

• Like 2