LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Soccer isn't a big thing in the US. We have several other sports that outrank it in popularity. Football, Baseball, and Basketball are all quite a bit more popular.

I know that, but since this was the World Cup I thought ratings would be big.

Edited by CJohn

I care.

Far as I'm concerned, Portugal went downhill after Deco retired. Deco was da bomb.

Portugal went downhill in that year, yeah. Not only because of Deco, but because of a whole bunch of players that retired all at the same time.

I know that, but since this was the World Cup I thought ratings would be big.

Usually not all that big unfortunately.

It will be better this year though because games will be primetime and soccer is slowly gaining traction. I like Soccer but I only pay attention to international play and the occasional Champions League.

• Like 1

It has solid ratings but not Super Bowl level. Anyway who do you have winning, I think Germany should be the favorite but Brazil has home field

Brazil, Spain, Germany are the three strongest contenders. Argentina has an outside chance, IMO.

Usually not all that big unfortunately.

It will be better this year though because games will be primetime and soccer is slowly gaining traction. I like Soccer but I only pay attention to international play and the occasional Champions League.

While football is very popular over here, I don't care much either. I usually love to follow the European/World Cups, and the Champions/Europe leagues, but other than that I don't care much. I follow the results of the Portuguese league, but that is it. My favorite team won this year so I saw a few games later in the season.

Since TV wants to play soccer (sorry FOOTBALL) all the time now, I feel obligated to learn a little about it.

I don't. Soccer is like the competetive team sports equivalent of blue balls. Lots of build up, very little release.

I think Belgium will also have a solid run maybe even to the semis they are really good

I was checking on the possible games after the Group phase, and if Portugal passes the Groups and the following phase, they will face Argentine in the Quarters, so Argentina should reach the Semi-finals. That leaves 3 other spots that should be Germany, Brazil and Spain.

People, please watch Out in the Dark. It's an incredible story about two Israeli and Palestinian men that fall in love with each other. Damn, the ending was gut-wrenching. 

I don't. Soccer is like the competetive team sports equivalent of blue balls. Lots of build up, very little release.

Exactly! My biggest problem is the size of the field. The size makes it take forever for anything to happen. It's a whole lot of anticipation for a whole lot of nothing.

• Like 3

I was checking on the possible games after the Group phase, and if Portugal passes the Groups and the following phase, they will face Argentine in the Quarters, so Argentina should reach the Semi-finals. That leaves 3 other spots that should be Germany, Brazil and Spain.

Brazil and Spain will face off in the first Knock-Out round since Croatia will beat Brazil's ass in the opening match -_-

And then lose to Netherlands :lol:

Exactly! My biggest problem is the size of the field. The size makes it take forever for anything to happen. It's a whole lot of anticipation for a whole lot of nothing.

There is a variation played inside a pavilion that should please you then. The field is much, much smaller. 

Posted Image

At least the ball is moving rather than the time being spent on setting up 2-second plays :ph34r:

• Like 3