LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Brazil and Spain will face off in the first Knock-Out round since Croatia will beat Brazil's ass in the opening match -_-

And then lose to Netherlands :lol:

I only checked the possible opponents for Portugal honestly. 

People, please watch Out in the Dark. It's an incredible story about two Israeli and Palestinian men that fall in love with each other. Damn, the ending was gut-wrenching. 

I heard about this last year. The critics spoken very well about it when it premiered here in a Film Festival in late September.

Edited by CJohn

I was stating a dream scenario anyway, I fully expect us to spend all our energy on Brazil and win 2 points max like in Germany 2006 :(

Don't encourage them. The fans are the best part about it, though. I'll give them that.

The fans suck sometimes. Over here Benfica won the Portuguese Cup last Sunday and when they were going to their stadium the fans were waiting and made the bus stop and it was there for like an hour with the players trying to calm the fans and let them pass :rofl: 

• Like 1

At least the ball is moving rather than the time being spent on setting up 2-second plays :ph34r:

I don't care for football, either. Or baseball. Only sport I really like is basketball.

If Turkey had gotten through my dad and I were making plans to go. Regarding Portugal I have Belgium beating them in the first round TBH

Edited by The Sun's Son

I was stating a dream scenario anyway, I fully expect us to spend all our energy on Brazil and win 2 points max like in Germany 2006 :(

Netherlands is also in your group? That is fucked up. 

The fans suck sometimes. Over here Benfica won the Portuguese Cup last Sunday and when they were going to their stadium the fans were waiting and made the bus stop and it was there for like an hour with the players trying to calm the fans and let them pass :rofl:

Yeah, the European fans seem to be a special breed of crazy.

If Turkey had gotten through my dad and I were making plans to go. I have Belgium beating Portugal in the first round TBH

Possible. I don't say otherwise. Our team is very weak right now and our coach didn't chose a very important player to take to the World Cup, and instead went with dudes that didn't played almost any game during the whole fucking season and are complete turds. 

I don't care for football, either. Or baseball. Only sport I really like is basketball.

I like both footballs to be honest. And basketball, handball, tennis, water polo... :D

Netherlands is also in your group? That is fucked up. 

No, we have Brazil, Mexico and Cameroon but after that we go on Spain/Netherlands so yeah...

I like both footballs to be honest. And basketball, handball, tennis, water polo... :D

No, we have Brazil, Mexico and Cameroon but after that we go on Spain/Netherlands so yeah...

At least you guys will pass the Group Phase. Spain will be fuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I think there is a chance you guys pass against Netherlands.

• Like 1

At least you guys will pass the Group Phase. Spain will be fuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I think there is a chance you guys pass against Netherlands.

We almost kicked out Spain from the Euro so we do have a chance but I always like to go in pessimistic :D

Soccer isn't a big thing in the US. We have several other sports that outrank it in popularity. Football, Baseball, and Basketball are all quite a bit more popular.

all of those games are made in tune to the TV broadcasters with infinite time outs and other breaks for them to fill in with their boring Ads.

Soccer is a non stop game (in 2 halves), so the scope of that revenue is pretty less. That is why the broadcasters are not promoting that sport of league here.

• Like 2

It has solid ratings but not Super Bowl level. Anyway who do you have winning, I think Germany should be the favorite but Brazil has home field

Since it's the same time zone the TV ratings for USA games will probably only be exceeded by NFL games.  Here's an interesting graph of the MLB World Series vs the NBA finals.  Some World Cup games will probably top both.

Posted Image