LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Well you can definitely see the better Sun-Mon holds for most movies than for non-holiday Mondays.  Just look at them. How would you explain it? It's not quite summer yet.

Yeah I know, Im not disproving it, I see the stats, I just wonder if some of it could be the WOM or other factors like schools. Again, only like 10% of dom is Canada and it's not like all of them went to the movies yesterday, making the Canadian attendance yesterday even smaller.More if not all colleges are also out now compared to when the other 2 opened, and high school seniors are done in many places, with the other grades finishing up soon. Again, you could say "but not all college kids/seniors went to the movies yesterday", but I think that could be a factor as well. Idk, Ive always wondered that about Canada, but numbers don't lie. Whatever role they play, I know it's significant.Hail Maple Leafs.
  • Like 2

The lady and I watched Returns, Forever and B&R last week. Returns is as over the top Burton as B&R is to Schumacher. It's incredible those films were released only five years apart.

And TDKR is over the top Nolan  :ph34r:

• Like 3

For years I've wanted John Rogers to write up how the film version of Catwoman differed from his original script. He's hinted that he had some copious notes about what they should not do... that they went ahead and did.

(I've still never seen it.)

• Like 2

For years I've wanted John Rogers to write up how the film version of Catwoman differed from his original script. He's hinted that he had some copious notes about what they should not do... that they went ahead and did.

(I've still never seen it.)

Pitof was the McG that never was.

Yeah I know, Im not disproving it, I see the stats, I just wonder if some of it could be the WOM or other factors like schools. Again, only like 10% of dom is Canada and it's not like all of them went to the movies yesterday, making the Canadian attendance yesterday even smaller.More if not all colleges are also out now compared to when the other 2 opened, and high school seniors are done in many places, with the other grades finishing up soon. Again, you could say "but not all college kids/seniors went to the movies yesterday", but I think that could be a factor as well. Idk, Ive always wondered that about Canada, but numbers don't lie. Whatever role they play, I know it's significant.Hail Maple Leafs.

Are you talking about all of the movies or just Godzilla? If so I don't know. It could be an extended opening or it could be WOM. We'll see when we get Tuesday's numbers.

• Like 1

Pitof was the McG that never was.

I just checked Rogers' blog. Here's what he mentioned about it:

http://kfmonkey.blogspot.com/2006/01/catwoman-notes.html

Holy --two years worth of Catwoman notes. And right on top, the mission statement I sent to them when I took over the script. Dated 2/6/01. What's typed, literally in 24 pt boldfaced Arial and underlined, I shit you not, right there on the front page?

"No hyper-reality pop crap."

Wow. That went exactly as planned. Oh, look there's the section where I talk about how the suit should be functional for her thievery, and she should wear lug boots. Yes, yes, it all fell into place. Hmm, let me count these ...

... 169 pages. Most single spaced. About an inch of notes, and I know this isn't all of them. I have another set, the later ones, in my home office. So all in all, two inches of Catwoman notes.

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 4

And TDKR is over the top Nolan  :ph34r:

At some point, every Bat-director has to be free to just do their thing.

At least B&R is hilarious :ph34r:

Posted Image

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!

• Like 9