LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Um....noI have to admit I'm really bad at projecting numbers

I don't think tuesdays numbers are going to tell us much for the weekend. It all depends on how much it increases on Friday and Saturday and how much it decreases on Sunday. If it gets a 5.5M on thursday, I think 40M should easily happen. More like $43-45M, if it follows On Stranger Tides, it would hit $47M. But who knows?

it should have a fairly good hold. Saturday and Sunday are usually pretty even in gross. Sunday it will probably fall by less than 10%

I actually think it's going to be higher than 40M for 3 day and feel the majority of moviegoers will find DOTFP a little too complicated and actually quite a downer compared to GODZILLA which will benefit it more.. We shall see, but there's virtually 0 buzz for X-MEN outside the internet..

It's not going to be more complicated than Inception. 

But also not that good.

looking atFriday increases from years past they do not go much higher than 100%.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

I actually think it's going to be higher than 40M for 3 day and feel the majority of moviegoers will find DOTFP a little too complicated and actually quite a downer compared to GODZILLA which will benefit it more.. We shall see, but there's virtually 0 buzz for X-MEN outside the internet..

Of course you do.
  • Like 2

its weird that a movie could be more of a downer than Godzilla which was humorless and lacked any action for most of the story. That too for a movie full of characters with extraordinary powers. 

• Like 1