LexJoker

The Supposed Monday Thread 5/19/2014 Godzilla 7.66

Scabab, I've seen GODZILLA 2 times now and it's every bit as good as the 1st time.. Sorry you're on the outside looking in on this...

Don't act like he's the only one in the world who didn't like it.

GODZILLA is a fantastic movie. Puts most recent summer blockbusters to shame.

Sure it was. I particulary liked that scene where Godzilla first appears and fights that flying Muto. I mean sure we didn't get to see it because they cut to humans that weren't doing anything interesting but if you looked past them you could see a TV where something cool was happening!

Scabab, I've seen GODZILLA 2 times now and it's every bit as good as the 1st time.. Sorry you're on the outside looking in on this...

lol I don't think so. It has a measly 76% audienced liked rating on Rotten Tomatoes already and it's only going down quick. It's already down to 7.5 on IMDB.

lol I don't think so. It has a measly 76% audienced liked rating on Rotten Tomatoes already and it's only going down quick. It's already down to 7.5 on IMDB.

To be fair, I think that's where it stabilizes. Won't drop much further if at all.

Perhaps you should watch some of the GODZILLA movies on DVD where the so called human performances take a back seat to the title character.. Fopr you folks STILL bagging on the acting in this movie, go watch any GODZILLA movie on DVD and come back and let's have this conversation again..

No we don't have to do that. I want to talk about the movie I paid 14.50 for, lol.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should watch some of the GODZILLA movies on DVD where the so called human performances take a back seat to the title character.. Fopr you folks STILL bagging on the acting in this movie, go watch any GODZILLA movie on DVD and come back and let's have this conversation again..

Most of the Characters took a back seat in the 2014 Godzilla too, except for in the first half hour, both action and characters took a back seat.

Uh oh. Trouble in paradise?

I mean, it's not better than the Nolan blockbusters. But it's pretty fantastic

Also, never forget...

Posted Image

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

People wanted a full action spectacle. I am pretty sure people trashed the last one because it had way too much action (I am obviously talking about MoS here). And now they are complaining because Godzilla doesn't have enough action... Whatever.

Not complaining that it should have been all action. Come on, gives us some benefit of the doubt  :) . I liked their idea of taking it slow and building characters and tension before the action. Opinion of those who didn't like the movie, is that they failed at that. That's why the action seems to come too late in the movie. If the pre-action stuff is engaging like JP (i know that's the absolute high end of filmmaking, and that was not my expectation with Godzilla), no one would complain. at least I wouldn't.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Not complaining that it should have been all action. Come on, gives us some benefit of the doubt  :) . I liked their idea of taking it slow and building characters and tension before the action. Opinion of those who didn't like the movie, is that they failed at that. That's why the action seems to come too late in the movie. If the pre-action stuff is engaging like JP (i know that's the absolute high end of filmmaking, and that was not my expectation with Godzilla), no one would complain. at least I wouldn't.

God Thank You!

• Like 1

Why do I get the impression that if and when the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie comes out, that it's gong to be very reminiscent of that BATMAN and ROBIN gif???

uh oh

Why do I get the impression that if and when the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie comes out, that it's gong to be very reminiscent of that BATMAN and ROBIN gif???

Oh that's Batman and Forever.

Batman and Robin is coming later tonight once ECSTASY joins our little group

• Like 2

It is. People are acting like there's literally no spectacle until the final 20 minutes. That's just silly.

even after the first monster was introduced (which was pretty early on), there were scenes at a stretch that I did not find engaging and were 'let me stand in the popcorn line' worthy.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1