#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Coluses got ripped in half, longshot had his face burned off,storm was impaled, iceman got his face crushed

With no blood in sight.

Blink looked like she was mildly inconvenienced by being impaled by multiple sentinels than the fact she was dying.

@baumer72 X-men DOFP is making money tonight.  In other box office news, other films are as well.  This is an exclusive update.  Follow baumer72 for more riveting box office tweets.

• Like 5

Worse. Way worse.

Huh, I'd say a bit lighter. CA'2s violence seemed really gritty and realistic to me. Combined with the more dark and sinister plot made it not family friendly at all in my eyes. This however was more over the top comic book violence I thought. I mean definitely a few gruesome kills (in one scene in particular), but it felt lighter than CA2 to me on the whole.

I have to say, I was surprised by the number of comic moments in DOFP. Singer struck the perfect balance, only thing I would have liked to have seen was

a better final fight. I loved that the ending came down to a speech, but a better action scene would have helped, especially since the climactic future action scene was top notch

X-men has always had really cool action scenes and powers from the comics to cartoon to movies, but I always liked the implications of their powers, the soul/heart of these characters more so I'm really happy with the film.

I rode a single ticket to feelsville, and I am now glad I did :wub:

Edited by bballman24
  • Like 2

Huh, I'd say a bit lighter. CA'2s violence seemed really gritty and realistic to me. Combined with the more dark and sinister plot made it not family friendly at all in my eyes. This however was more over the top comic book violence I thought. I mean definitely a few gruesome kills (in one scene in particular), but it felt lighter than CA2 to me on the whole.

i don't think it was that dark, outside of that swiss doctor. he was creepy af.

That isn't going to last. DoFP has a lot of violent and disturbing stuff in it including Holocaust allegories.

Honestly the violence is on the same level as in all of them I'd say, actually not as bad as a few (like The Wolverine last year for example). People know what to expect from this franchise by now. If families have gone to X-Men movies in the past, this one wouldn't turn them off.

The thing is, Cap 2's violence wasn't fatal against main characters and the only real graphic scene was against one-scene characters. When Sitwell died it was mostly off-screen as well. For DoFP there's a lot of graphic violence against main characters and lots of blood besides the deaths 

Bolivar Trask getting shot in the head during a flashback and also the autopsy photos.

Honestly the violence is on the same level as in all of them I'd say, actually not as bad as a few (like The Wolverine last year for example). People know what to expect from this franchise by now. If families have gone to X-Men movies in the past, this one wouldn't turn them off.

TLS was the only one with graphic deaths against main characters and Cyclops' death was off-screen and Jean Gray's wasn't shown in detail.

Edited by Mulder

i don't think it was that dark, outside of that swiss doctor. he was creepy af.

The organization who basically protect the world are actually corrupt Neo-Nazis that are trying to wipe a large chunk of the population out? How is that not dark?

Edited by MovieMan89