#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I would like to have it explained to me why exactly Godzilla's limited screentime is considered such a spoiler though? I mean it's hardly like that ruins the "plot" of the movie or something.

I agree. The limited screentime should not be considered a spoiler. A spoiler is something which actually spoils the plot. Saying that "Godzilla appears for 20 minutes at the very end" does not spoil the plot.Saying "There are 2 MUTOs Godzilla fights" is a spoiler. Saying Bryan Cranston dies 30 minutes in is a spoiler. Godzilla's screentime has nothing to do with the plot.

• Like 1

:o  Are you sure about that? That is an incredible number. But could be. Fishnets was here back then and that's when the infamous "Floppit" talk started.

747 people wow thats crazy.  Was it in weekend thread or Hobbit thread?

I would like to have it explained to me why exactly Godzilla's limited screentime is considered such a spoiler though? I mean it's hardly like that ruins the "plot" of the movie or something.

Anything that's specific about any aspect of the movie (aside from marketing materials) is considered a spoiler. It can be something major, it can be something minor. If you're on the fence and unsure, just spoiler-tag to be safe. It doesn't take much longer to do and keeps this a safe place for people to browse comfortably.
  • Like 3

I agree. The limited screentime should not be considered a spoiler. A spoiler is something which actually spoils the plot. Saying that "Godzilla appears for 20 minutes at the very end" does not spoil the plot.Saying "There are 2 MUTOs Godzilla fights" is a spoiler. Saying Bryan Cranston dies 30 minutes in is a spoiler. Godzilla's screentime has nothing to do with the plot.

Why the hell did I just click on that spoiler? I'm an idiot.

Nope. You are explaining details about the movie. By talking about what is shown (or not shown) you are effectively spoiling any scene relating to those elements.
  • Like 6

Anything that's specific about any aspect of the movie (aside from marketing materials) is considered a spoiler. It can be something major, it can be something minor. If you're on the fence and unsure, just spoiler-tag to be safe. It doesn't take much longer to do and keeps this a safe place for people to browse comfortably.

Well if that's the case I think we've had a big spoiler problem for years here then. Cause I know people have casually thrown around details about new movies much more significant than the one I'm talking about.

Like whenever someone says I wish character x was in movie x more/less, which happens all the time.

• Like 1