#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Is it really needed? Huge appeal of this franchise has always been big assemble of colorful, diverse mutants

Haven't seen solos outside of Wolverine and the first did solid #'s.

• Like 1

But that was only AFTER they went back. BEFORE they went back, it was told that she was captured. This would have been the past up until the point at the beginning of this film when they go back in time to rewrite everything. The DNA they collected from her leg would (bullet) would have been the new storyline, so that part makes sense. The part you're saying now. My question is if the whole point of the movie is that they have to go back to rewrite Mystique killing Trask, wouldn't she have been absent from the originally trilogy? Or at the very least wouldn't the sentinels existed then?

I see. Yes, she might have escaped knowing her uncanny ability. And I also agree, the technology for the Sentinels program wasn't ready yet. I just wonder though, do you happen to know the timeline of these events? I mean the years when they occurred?

• Like 1

I see. Yes, she might have escaped knowing her uncanny ability. And I also agree, the technology for the Sentinels program wasn't ready yet. I just wonder though, do you happen to know the timeline of these events? I mean the years when they occurred?

No I don't.  Which also makes things a bit tricky.

I would love to see a solo Magneto flick. My biggest grouse about DOFP is not enough Fass. He was the best thing about FC and here I felt focus was on Jackman and JLaw. 

I thought he had a lot of screen time.

Is it really needed? Huge appeal of this franchise has always been big assemble of colorful, diverse mutants

Yes, we have Captain America, Thor, iRON Man, Hulk... why not Rougue, Jean Grey and Cyclops movies?

Haven't seen solos outside of Wolverine and the first did solid #'s.

Others beyond wolverine, not trilogy. only 1 or 2 movies(sequel) of some mutants

I thought he had a lot of screen time.

No where close to FC. Focus increased in JLaw for obvious reasons and of course Wolverine as usual was the driver. At least Singer did a good job of not focusing too much on wolverine in the 3rd act. It was all Xavier, Magneto and Mystique.

What scenes did you enjoy the most? Any memorable lines? 

Thought the opening was effing brilliant. The battle scenes with the sentinels were just so well done. And it made the film feel like it opened with a huge reunion. Also loved the scene where young Charles and Magneto get heated in the plane and Magneto is slowly crushing it while they're inside. Loved Xavier's bit about 'just because someone stumbles and loses faith doesn't mean they're lost forever.'

you?

• Like 1

No where close to FC. Focus increased in JLaw for obvious reasons and of course Wolverine as usual was the driver. At least Singer did a good job of not focusing too much on wolverine in the 3rd act. It was all Xavier, Magneto and Mystique.

Well it's because Mystique played a very important part.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If TASM3 grosses 150M or less domestically, there is NO WAY Sony can continue on with this current Spider-man series of films. They would then have to either reboot again or sell off the rights. If Sony Pictures comes under enough financial hardship then yes, they will definitely consider selling the rights. Especially if the Disney/Marvel juggernaut exerts enough pressure, which they very likely will.

Why not have Disney just buy out Sony all together. 

Thought the opening was effing brilliant. The battle scenes with the sentinels were just so well done. And it made the film feel like it opened with a huge reunion. Also loved the scene where young Charles and Magneto get heated in the plane and Magneto is slowly crushing it while they're inside. Loved Xavier's bit about 'just because someone stumbles and loses faith doesn't mean they're lost forever.'

you?

Opening sequence.Quicksilver! (the most fun imo)I love the line of Beast (Hoult) about Mystique being who she really is...the use of the river current flowing the same way even if you disrupt it with a pebble.Professor X talking to Mystique at the airport. Loved the use of other people to remind Mystique of the kind of person that she is.And of course, the alternating scenes of the future and the past during the end. That shot of storm which then turned into the shot of the past sentinel. The struggle at the end, Bishop, Colossus, Sunspot and the rest.Jean! Scott!And my goodness, the end credit scene. I AM SO EXCITED FOR APOCALYPSE.

• Like 2

the cast may be too big to give all mutants enough screentime. plus it's not like solo movies literally means solo movies, eg the gambit movie might feature deadpool(i don't know much about him tbh, but people love the guy so i'm optimistic) etc.

Edited by Last Man Standing

GODZILLA is not sleep inducing. This is what happens when people just watch TRANSFORMERS.

No, this is what happens when a director chooses to cut away from monster battles for no reason other than he wants to tease the audience.  And what he chooses to cut away to is far less entertaining than watching Godzilla and the MUTO's slug it out.

• Like 1