#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Don't know, could be 490 or less.

I just checked the OS thread and Spidey total is now up to 475M by Thursday. Will see how DOFP affect it OS this weekend, but look like 500M is still good, not much more though.

I am hoping for 90M for the 3 day for X-Men. The curse continues. Holy shit, Godzilla is gonna fail to reach 30M on the 3 day, even I have to find this funny :lol:

It should hit 31 for the three day.  It would have to fall 15% today to not get there. 

I just can't find it amazing that Xmen is beating Captain America. it SHOULD be beating Captain America

Why should it?  X-men WW grosses have always been in the 400's so why SHOULD X-men be beating Captain?

Yeah, I was gonna say 500M+, but I didn't wanna jump ahead too much and got people too excited lol. Cause if it opens better than Cap and presumably have better legs than Spidey, which won't be hard, then 500M OS looks good.

FC made 210m OS and wasn't released in China. DOFP's openings are on an average 100% bigger than FC, plus China will add another 100m+. 480m OS and 700m WW would be absolutely no problem at all, unless it has an inexplicable crash next weekend.
  • Like 1

Could DOFP actually miss 90M? The rounded Fri number and the Sat drop is making its 3-day weekend estimate barely hanging above 90M.

FC made 210m OS and wasn't released in China. DOFP's openings are on an average 100% bigger than FC, plus China will add another 100m+. 480m OS and 700m WW would be absolutely no problem at all, unless it has an inexplicable crash next weekend.

I think that's really pushing it.  I hope you are right but I'll be happy when and if it passes 600.  700 would be nice but I don't think it will happen.  The legs on X-men movies are usually quite short.

I think that's really pushing it.  I hope you are right but I'll be happy when and if it passes 600.  700 would be nice but I don't think it will happen.  The legs on X-men movies are usually quite short.

Oh, 600M is a walk in the park, B.
  • Like 1

Oh, 600M is a walk in the park, B.

I hope so.  It's just the legs on these films are about as long as Dinklage's.

• Like 2

200+ DOM300+ OS500+ WWI think Godzilla's going to be just fine. ;)

Of course.  But it's still fun to point out that its heading for a 65% drop even though the Sunday is basically a Saturday.  If it had a normal Sunday, the weekend number would be close to a 70% drop.  Any way you slice it, that's horrible.  Friday the 13th remake thinks that's a bad second weekend drop.

The question now is how do Fox expand the X-men audience.It seems to have reached peak attendance around the time of X2 and hasn't been able to significantly bring in more people since then.

The question now is how do Fox expand the X-men audience.It seems to have reached peak attendance around the time of X2 and hasn't been able to significantly bring in more people since then.

Well, that's not entirely true.  If you mean domestically, then you are correct.  But on a global scale, this is going to make about 40-50% more than the best Xmen movie.  

I hope so.  It's just the legs on these films are about as long as Dinklage's.

That is...actually a fair accurate comparison :lol: But for DOFP, I think the typical X-legs will be more prominent domestically. OS will be different.
  • Like 1

X2 / DOFP attendance decrease should be close to 20%, no?

I think a 500-550 finish WW would be decent for X-men.  It's never been a massive earner WW.

I think it can reach $400M abroad with competition and finishes around IM2 ww.

I also think people clearly underestimate the star power of Jolie and Cruise abroad in movie genres (Animate and Action) where they can rack in the dough.  

Maleficent ad campaign abroad is bigger than what i have seen with Spidey...and it's a Disney movie coming right at the heels of the still fresh in mind Frozen in a movie focusing on a villain, hence more adults driven adding to families.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2

Give Mystique a bow? ;)

• Like 2

I think it can reach $400M abroad with competition and finishes around IM2 ww.

I also think people clearly underestimate the star power of Jolie and Cruise abroad in movie genres (Animate and Action) where they can rack in the dough.  

Maleficent ad campaign abroad is bigger than what i have seen with Spidey...and it's a Disney movie coming right at the heels of the still fresh in mind Frozen in a movie focusing on a villain, hence more adults driven adding to families.

So 600-650 is a good starting point WW for DOFP.

• Like 2

By a tiny amount, X3 is actually the biggest.Fast might be a good comparison, 5 and 6 both sold more tickets than the first one, so it's possible to hit a peak as much as a decade in.