#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I think that's really pushing it. I hope you are right but I'll be happy when and if it passes 600. 700 would be nice but I don't think it will happen. The legs on X-men movies are usually quite short.

Legs may be short, but the opening is big enough to compensate for it. Global opening this weekend will be over 250m, with a few markets yet to open. 650 is the absolute low end.
  • Like 2

Legs may be short, but the opening is big enough to compensate for it. Global opening this weekend will be over 250m, with a few markets yet to open. 650 is the absolute low end.

Awesome!  That's a great number.

By a tiny amount, X3 is actually the biggest.Fast might be a good comparison, 5 and 6 both sold more tickets than the first one, so it's possible to hit a peak as much as a decade in.

Fast and Furious is bigger then Spiderman and X-men now wow. 

• Like 1

So what are the chances for 275M+ dom finish for DOFP? :ph34r:

It would need a 3X.

That would be like Titanic legs for an X-men movie.  

• Like 5

Of course.  But it's still fun to point out that its heading for a 65% drop even though the Sunday is basically a Saturday.  If it had a normal Sunday, the weekend number would be close to a 70% drop.  Any way you slice it, that's horrible.  Friday the 13th remake thinks that's a bad second weekend drop.

I think the sequel has the potential to be even bigger. They should either release it Memorial Wknd, Late June like Transformers or the middle of July. I think they'll show even more Godzilla next time and a better human story. I can see $800M+ WW for the next film.
  • Like 2

I think the sequel has the potential to be even bigger. They should either release it Memorial Wknd, Late June like Transformers or the middle of July. I think they'll show even more Godzilla next time and a better human story. I can see $800M+ WW for the next film.

human story human story human story................. I'm enough of this shit. 

How about a godzilla movie without humans. Only monsters.

Humanize him more.  Make him relatable to the audience.  Have Godzilla cry, laugh, angry, etc. with facial expressions.  Oscar award winning acting.

Humanize him more.  Make him relatable to the audience.  Have Godzilla cry, laugh, angry, etc. with facial expressions.  Oscar award winning acting.

And Mothra as his love interest.

Edited by Emirazza

Boy did some of you buy into DoFP way too much, there were some insane numbers being thrown around.

We can all blame Shawn :PThat's normal though, every big movie have some out of normal range predictions. DOFP may not reach the 'insane' numbers, but it is still doing great for the X-series. Very great really. Edited by Sam