#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

You lot are really over hyping it. It won't sniff 100m OW, Despicable me couldn't even do it and that had minions.

Except that opened on a Wednesday. Friday opening at it would have cleared it

Dragon is the only animated film until Planes a month later

It doesn't matter, they left it too long to release the sequel and I rarely hear anyone mention it outside the internet. I loved HTTYD btw. Edited by jessie

Except that opened on a Wednesday. Friday opening at it would have cleared it

Still it didn't have the impact that DM had with kids. Those minions were a huge draw and the marketing for it was great. The trailer for HTTYD 2 haven't got me interested in it at all which is a shame because the first one was great.

DOFP OW and critical reception bodes very well for the sequel. Even though DOFP's ceiling DOM's likely under $250M. With universal acclaim and possibly the highest earner DOM, unadjusted of course, I feel the GA trusts the brand in a big way again. I expect the followup to match or slightly exceed X2/X3 in admissions.We all love juicy box office numbers here, but three superhero flicks all earning $700M+ WW ain't all that bad. It's going to be fun watching Transfourmers break out OS. And, I think it'll also perform a little better than expected DOM.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3