#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

That Godzilla drop is brutal, and over MD weekend as well. Don't see a finish above 210M coming now, will be close between it and TASM2 in the end.

:( Better hit 220 million.

Godzilla will gross an estimated $11.8M from Saturday and is looking now more like $31M+ for the three-day and $39M+ for the four-day as it sinks into a percentage decline of maybe 68% in its second weekend out. International numbers will come in tomorrow morning for the lizard, too. And rounding out the Top Five right now is The Amazing Spider-Man 2, taking in another $3M for maybe a $7.5M three-day and a $9.6M four-day, bringing its total cume stateside to $186.8M. Also noteworthy is Chef which is moving slowly but surely up the ranks to maybe No. 8 now and a $4.5M four-day Memorial Day holiday meal.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

X-MEN isn't The AVENGERS.. Can't wait til next May for that box office showdown..

What showdown ... who the fuck is going to challenge Age of Ultron next May ;)

... plus, i doubt we have many posters that are going to be predict ultra low for it.

Edited by Adam

What showdown ... who the fuck is going to challenge Age of Ultron next May ;)

... plus, i doubt we have many posters that are going to be predict ultra low for it.

FURY ROAD  :P

• Like 4

I'll bet Baumer predicts low for it since he claims sequels never increase over the 1st movie and I think this is going to be that RARE Instance when TA2 outdoes the 1st movie just by the storylone alone along with the returning cast and director and the same built in audience..

Well ... I wouldn't be shocked if it made a little less than The Avengers, but I certainly doubt people will be going much lower than 185.

If they are, the Summer Prediction game will be off to a bad start.

Edited by Adam

Godzilla is having worse holds and will have a way worse multi than the "toxicly recieved" '98. And yes I know movies weren't nearly as frontloaded back then, but still. I doubt '98 would have dropped any harsher than 70% its second weekend if it had been a modern film. I mean it doesn't get much harsher than that.

GODZILLA was a hell of alot better than SUPERMAN RETURNS..

Your opinion of course. I haven't seen it. I'm just saying studios announce sequels then back out all the time.

On a completely unrelated note, I just noticed SR is at 6.2 on IMDb. That's 0.1 lower than SM3. Now, I can stand SM3 but...

Posted Image

• Like 3

Imagine it is 2002 and you witnessed a historial year in box office and the rise of cgi.  The Mummy Returns, Pearl Harbor, Shrek, Hannibal, Planet of the Apes, Jurassic Park 3, Rush Hour 2 and American Pie 2 were all contributing to something special.  The year then ends with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.  2002 comes alone and Spider-man rewrites the box office.  Attack of the Clones then does 80/110 and struggles for 300.  that is it.  no more hope of Star Wars reinventing the cinema.  Star Wars forever just another number.  The box office is a cruel cold world and just be happy that DOFP is at least a good movie and not a ripoff.