#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I was just looking at my OW predicts in BSG. I had DOFP opening to 75 million. And Godzilla to 70. So both films are surpassing what I thought they would do

Godzilla is having worse holds and will have a way worse multi than the "toxicly recieved" '98. And yes I know movies weren't nearly as frontloaded back then, but still. I doubt '98 would have dropped any harsher than 70% its second weekend if it had been a modern film. I mean it doesn't get much harsher than that.

I just looked up every Memorial Day weekend this century, and there's nothing even remotely close to a 68% drop for any movie making more than 3 or 4 million dollars.

Let me just say that I am a huge Godzilla fan, and I really enjoyed this new movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel, but that is just a horrendous drop for Memorial Day. Seriously. For something that size, it's up there as one of the worst drops of all time.

• Like 1

How the hell did this get to 165 pages!?!

We weren't talking numbers but there was a bit of talk about X3 and Origins. And last week we had Godzilla gifs, talked about the old Godzilla films. So we've sort had conversations related to the films opening that weekend.Which means next weekend we'll be talking about Disney villains and/or the works of Seth McFarlane
  • Like 1

I just looked up every Memorial Day weekend this century, and there's nothing even remotely close to a 68% drop for any movie making more than 3 or 4 million dollars.

Let me just say that I am a huge Godzilla fan, and I really enjoyed this new movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel, but that is just a horrendous drop for Memorial Day. Seriously. For something that size, it's up there as one of the worst drops of all time.

:(

• Like 1

I just looked up every Memorial Day weekend this century, and there's nothing even remotely close to a 68% drop for any movie making more than 3 or 4 million dollars.Let me just say that I am a huge Godzilla fan, and I really enjoyed this new movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel, but that is just a horrendous drop for Memorial Day. Seriously. For something that size, it's up there as one of the worst drops of all time.

I see what you did there.

I just looked up every Memorial Day weekend this century, and there's nothing even remotely close to a 68% drop for any movie making more than 3 or 4 million dollars.Let me just say that I am a huge Godzilla fan, and I really enjoyed this new movie and I'm looking forward to the sequel, but that is just a horrendous drop for Memorial Day. Seriously. For something that size, it's up there as one of the worst drops of all time.

It'll be fine, it's tracking for $40M Memorial Wknd.