#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Bingo, we haven't even seen Paramount's big marketing push yet and it has the whole weekend to itself. 100m is done.

I think the name alone could've cleared the 100M opening. It's not like people went to see it as a trilogy for its story or anything similar, so they can't act disappointed that a 4th movie appears and destroys what the first 3 built up. So long it's got explosions, it's a Transformers movie and fits right in.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

I'm 95% confident that TF4 will clear 100m. One more badass trailer and a solid marketing campaign will seal it IMO.

You are prob right but I dont want it too. It will be a Summer without a $100 OW earner. Pretty cool. Who would have thunk it?

can i open a club about dofp's 2nd weekend right now, or do i have to wait for the actuals..are there any rules around that?

I think you can without the actuals..

• Like 1

I was not. I'm kinda happy now that I see who was around back then. This forum was quite chill when I signed up first, but the different kind of personalities that can pop up from left and right really ... messed up the experience, If you will.

Yeah Mojo was crazy and with both BKB and Kal back this place is going to start some serious flame wars.Just put him on ignore if he bugs you and avoid certain threads. Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 2

Actually thinking about it we're quite lucky we only have those 2 back to sometimes cause trouble. There was at least a half dozen back on Mojo who were frequent posters. A dozen or so if you count the once a week users. Though Kal and BKB are by far the biggest and Algren, but thank god he's gone for good.

• Like 1

I'm 95% confident that TF4 will clear 100m. One more badass trailer and a solid marketing campaign will seal it IMO.

Yea probably but again I wouldn't be shocked if its another 90-95M range opener...hell I think TF3 had more oh wow moments when the trailer showed up at the movies...with TF4, its more oh look another transformers movie...

Frankly it feels like none of the movies this summer year have this huge buzz going around them like Dark Knight, Avengers, IM, etc where you HAVE to turn out opening weekend...

We shall see though...I say this and watch something blow it out of the water...

Edited by AC Slater

How about a godzilla movie without humans. Only monsters.

i am ok with humans in godzilla movie but

don't kill of someone like cranston (after he sets up the movie) with his cardboard son. and give more than 2 words to ken in a line.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

That would improve the Transformer movies immensely.

Pacific Rim comes to mind. I've argued this before and I'll argue it again. The TF movies need a human element to them for older audiences to show up. The internet got it's wish with Pacific Rim basically and everyone here loved it. It didn't crack 100m. Humans are needed.

i am ok with humans in godzilla movie but

don't kill of someone like cranston (after he sets up the movie) with his cardboard son. and give more than 2 words to ken in a line.

What I liked was how Ken's character was directly responsible for Craston's death after he decided to take both him and ATJ with him on the helicopter instead of letting the ambulance drive Cranston to the hospital where he probably would've survived

• Like 1

Yea probably but again I wouldn't be shocked if its another 90-95M range opener...hell I think TF3 had more oh wow moments when the trailer showed up at the movies...with TF4, its more oh look another transformers movie...Frankly it feels like none of the movies this summer year have this huge buzz going around them like Dark Knight, Avengers, IM, etc where you HAVE to turn out opening weekend...We shall see though...I say this and watch something blow it out of the water...

A fairly prominent user on here has seen a sneak peak of about 10 mins of footage and he says that Bay has taken action to an entirely new level and it blew his mind. Take that for what you will. Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 1

Pacific Rim comes to mind. I've argued this before and I'll argue it again. The TF movies need a human element to them for older audiences to show up. The internet got it's wish with Pacific Rim basically and everyone here loved it. It didn't crack 100m. Humans are needed.

There are humans in Pacific Rim. Humans that are the VERY essence of the story. Just because they weren't broad and easy stereotypes that appeal to the widest possible audience doesn't mean they weren't there or vital to the movie.
  • Like 1