#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

yeah DOFP definitely hurt but considering this is a 4 day weekend with a marketplace expanded, it should have held better

Had X swapped release dates with Maleficent it could've all worked much better. Godzilla-Maleficent-X-Fault sequence would be rotating main male/female audiences each week

A Godzilla movie opened above 90M. A Captain America movie opened above 95M. A X-Men movie opening way above 100M (4 day). And a Spider-Man movie opening under all of them. This is sinking in and I don't know how to feel. 

LOL I'm just about over it.

• Like 1

If I walk out of DOFP half as satisfied as I did TDKR, I'll be very happy.

They exchanged usual "big action" sequences for a perfect story.
  • Like 5

Bryan Singer is probably up there with Nolan(not really) as a great comic book movie director.

Yeah, I walked out of the theater and thought it was Singer essentially saying "No, THIS is how you direct a superhero film" to the MCU. Regardless of my feelings about the allegations against him, he can deliver the goods.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I love you guys, but of all the movies that bring out the hate patrol around here, TDKR makes the least sense. It's not perfect, but it's a damn good film.

• Like 13

I love you guys, but of all the movies that bring out the hate patrol around here, TDKR makes the least sense. It's not perfect, but it's a damn good film.

It's a great film that brought closure. I compared it because DOFP brought everything together.

Yes it is, but DOFP is a damn great film :D

X-Men will be front loaded but it should be able beat Captain America. I'm seeing it in six hours so hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Godzilla is likely being affected by X-Men's opening, still a solid number considering the competition.

It's a great film better than almost all Marvel Studios films IMO (prefer Cap 2 & Iron Man) ... DOFP is simply better ... I don't know if I've ever been so stunned leaving a film I had grown weary of over the last couple months.  (despite hearing how good it was)

Edited by Adam

One thing I was thinking while watching Godzilla last night, both this movie and the 98 movie had a sequence in which

monster eggs are destroyed, and the monster sees them, gets angry and goes to kill the human responsible

Edited by grim22

Lets not start sucking each others dicks just yet.:)
  • Like 4

Don't bother, it's a hyperbole age. Everything either sucks or is second coming. No in-between area with fanboys

• Like 1

It could never be as good as TDK & was entertaining in many parts but it's the consensus weakest of the three Nolan entries. People who speak negatively about BB forget that it was the key cog that revitalized this golden age of comic book movies we are in.Anyways all entertaining at their core, that's what I hope w/ DOFP & that's it not too big of a cluster you know what.

so this is my first night I will actually be able to spend in the forums since Monday. I am looking forward to getting back to the computer and going through this entire thread from the first post up until the last post. Lol how sad is that in that I want to spend my Friday night doing that....:)

• Like 1