#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Sorry but you lot are just trying to spinning it now. It has okay WOM and that wasn't going to cut it this weekend. If it was loved as much as you lot assumed then it would have seen a smaller drop, it's that simple.

I never said loved though. It's had mixed WoM.

Well, if Godzilla follows a normal pattern and it increases by 40% tomorrow and then falls 8% on Sunday, it's headed past 60%.  So it could still fall more than ASM2.

Godzilla is looking at a 60% drop despite an inflated Sunday. However, Monday being a holiday takes away the necessity of moviegoers to catch the film strictly over the 3-day weekend. Considering that it's ow Friday itself was a much larger portion of the weekend compared to CA2 or TASM2, 60% is acceptable, with the 4-day hold obviously being much better.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Godzilla has mixed WOM, plus it is facing the biggest opener of 2014 so far which is receiving raves. I don't see anything here that needs discussion. It is still doing way above what I thought it would.

• Like 4

Most schools are still in. Only the southern schools are out.

All school doesn't have to be out for daily #s to be affected.  They aren't full force summer days but they are affected by school being out.

Bottom line it had similar Mon& Tues to SID and by Fri it was about 10% lower and that movie opened on a Wed night and had a 4 day w/e $10m lower than Godzilla's opening 3 day w/e.

Godzilla will drop about as hard as ASM2 but with a Memorial Day Sunday cushion.

Edited by TalismanRing

X-Men fans are kind of unbearable. The drops still indicate it's heading at a $230M-$250M DOM Total. 

:rofl:

And the Godzilla loonies weren't last weekend?

• Like 1