#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

I have to whole heartedly agree. ATJ was a charisma black hole, you are facing down Godzilla for crying out loud, show some emotion, show some wonder, something to suggest that something out of the ordinary is happening around you.

If they had only kept Bryan Cranston alive and killed ATJ...

[Mod Edit] No Spoilers!

Edited by #ED

What you expect with the competition and all.  I knew from the start Godzilla would take some moviegoers away from it.  But I'm not worry about the 100 million mark.  The final results is more important.

Call me an optimist but I'm still a guy that thinks if your opening day is 35 million dollars that's still pretty fucking good.Remember kids, blockbusters used to open to weekends like DOFP first day

Screw that.

There might not be a 100 m OW until almost July.  :unsure:

What you expect with the competition and all.  I knew from the start Godzilla would take some moviegoers away from it.  But I'm not worry about the 100 million mark.  The final results is more important.

Uh.. I think Godzilla is getting hammered at the moment.

Call me an optimist but I'm still a guy that thinks if your opening day is 35 million dollars that's still pretty fucking good.Remember kids, blockbusters used to open to weekends like DOFP first day

20 years ago!I think it's still good too, it's the 7th movie in a 14 year old franchise coming off two films that made less than 150m. But at the same time, X3 opened to 45m, unadjusted. Edited by lab276

:( So Cap 2 may still have the biggest opener so far this year. I'm not mad. I loved that movie.  But I thought for sure DOFP would get that 100m opener. Bummer.

That's still an awesome number though E. After the underwhelming performance of FC and Wolverine, this is awesome. Great comeback for the franchise.Did you watch X-Men with your daughter?

I haven't been keeping up with tracking, but considering the last two X-Men installments failed to break $150mil total, I think the fact this opened to this much is still quite the accomplishment.

People wanted another break out hit the likes of Cap 2.